Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a VDP Sound Bar. It does ok but when riding it is hard to find that happy medium. If your in the throttle it has to be blasting so when you slow down it is super loud. Is this normal? What kind of setups are you guys running and how do you like them?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a Froghead Ind. 4 kicker speaker set up and about the same as u are describing with your VDP system. Sounds great, but roads noise kills the sound, really have to crank it up.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I don't if any stereo will give you that happy medium. I know some head units will raise and lower the volume depending on the road noise in the cabin, that might be an option.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have two EQ settings that I use one is for setting still possibly at a campsite which has a lot of bass but not too much on the highs so you can talk to each other, The other setting brings the highs up to a point that you can hear it over the vehicle and road noise and all the other stuff that makes it so loud.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a Froghead Ind. 4 kicker speaker set up and about the same as u are describing with your VDP system. Sounds great, but roads noise kills the sound, really have to crank it up.
Im looking at getting that. i already have all the speakers just have to get the console and another radio as mine is constantly fading in and out and i cant take that any more. Does that fit the 2012 teryx 4? I saw they said for 2014 online but not sure if the 2014 has the same cage as the 12'

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am also looking at building a system, but it's gotta be overhead as we will be taking the Teryx swimming often lol. I have a decent plan for one and just picked up a SSV overhead soundboard for 350$ I'll be putting in my Rhino. I might get the speaker pods for over head from SSV since I really don't have time to ride and build a roof lol.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
I bought a blank froghead ind console fits the cage perfectly then installed a fusion ip600 tuner amp with a serius xm tuner and rockford fosgate speakers sounds great on the trail or at camp has the ipod dock inside the unit face folds down and you slide it into the dock no wires or straps great sound and rugged, they are made for boaters so totally waterproof

I have an ssv for sale if interested only used 2times

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Its their newer updated unit all controls are on the reciever/ipod dock with 4 speakers mounts overhead

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just put a Froghead blank overhead in myself. Added 4 Infinity Marine 6.5s in the console and the little pyle 800watt (lol) 4 channel marine amp. Also mounted my 2 way radio on top in the center of the roof, mounted 6 LED switches for all of my accessories and a couple of those angeleye LEDs for overhead lighting. Awesome setup.

The box itself takes a little getting used to from a "banging your head" perspective but once your seated it's not bad..

It is a very solid nice box..

Reactions: MICKEYTKD

·
2012 T4 CAMO EPS
775 Posts
I'm looking at the Froghead blank console and also the Froghead console with the MAGNADYNE MARINE SPEAKERS in it. They don't say though what the max watts are on speakers or if it comes with an amp..any ideas? I have a BOSS 450 watt system currently mounted in the middle of T4 but it just doesn't look good and my thought was to strip it down and install into blank Froghead console

·
2012 T4 CAMO EPS
775 Posts
eNDED up with the Frog head with 4 speakers ans Aqua media box. So far quite happy with it except it won't connect with the new Iphone 5 or Ipod nano unless using Bluetooth.

·
2012 T4 CAMO EPS
775 Posts
I installed the Froghead and like it and have to agree with Jyoung in that you bounce for head off it. Looking at restraint harness now to stop that lol

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
That's a crazy setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts