Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a spare tire mount for my 2012 Teryx 4 that won't interfere with a rear cargo box?
thanks

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
559 Posts

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
559 Posts
I really have no idea. Figured it looked simple enough to make one that'd work. Or mount it on the roof?

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
305 Posts
I'm going through this search myself but I am trying to avoid blocking my view out the rear window or prohibit the use of a back window. There is always the popular rear mount from UTV Inc that you'll see on this forum (UTV Inc Thread), which is nice, but quite expensive and would still likely interfere with getting into your cargo box easily. I personally don't like the roof mount because I don't want all the weight up that high for off camber sections of trail. So currently I remove the cushion and carry it in my open rear seat while on trips, which I understand is not a good solution, lol. I am going to order a few parts and fabricate my own to get it mounted where I want, I just need to hire someone with a tube bender. Post here if you find something that works for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the SuperATV spare tire carrier, but it is made for 2014 and newer. I don't mind the positioning restricting the view, so I might need to find a way to manufacture something similar.
Thanks

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
305 Posts
KFI rear bumper with Harbor Freight spare tire mount. Less than $200.00 invested.
Nice, no problems from the weight of the tire with the bumper only being mounted under the bed? I was looking to get the SATV rear tube bumper for this purpose because it has the supports that attach down by the receiver hitch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice, no problems from the weight of the tire with the bumper only being mounted under the bed? I was looking to get the SATV rear tube bumper for this purpose because it has the supports that attach down by the receiver hitch.
No problem so far. If it starts to be a problem, I will probably add those supports. I like it because it is offset up to give more of an exit angle so as not to get caught on the tire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ended up fabricating on for a rear mount, works great, doesn't impede my view, and still have access to the cargo box. Difficult to find the right fit out there. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
305 Posts
Ended up fabricating on for a rear mount, works great, doesn't impede my view, and still have access to the cargo box. Difficult to find the right fit out there. Thanks for the feedback.
nice... got any pics? I am in the process of designing/fabricating one so I'm interested to see what you came up with.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
305 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Teryx4 LE Highlft arms 2" lift spare tire carrier, 3" rear cage chop 28" tires 650watt amp sub
3 Posts
Built this one out of aluminum with a jack mount on it. Held up great with the factory front tire. The 28” carnivore proved too heavy.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
305 Posts
Built this one out of aluminum with a jack mount on it. Held up great with the factory front tire. The 28” carnivore proved too heavy.
Nice, it looks pretty stout, what failed on it with the carnivore? I see you are a fellow Michigan rider too, so bonus points for that, haha.

·
Registered
2018 Teryx4 LE Highlft arms 2" lift spare tire carrier, 3" rear cage chop 28" tires 650watt amp sub
3 Posts
Broke at this weld joint. Will add some extra
side plates. Assembling materials to build a rear cage extension with bumper, swing away tire mount and lower support similar to this one

1 - 18 of 18 Posts