Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
July 2022 TOTM Winner
2022 Teryx SLE
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found an excellent condition used spare tire for my T2, and now I need to buy a wheel. Plan on buying a plain steel 14” wheel, but need to know the correct offset. Is there anything else to consider?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
If you are running the stock rims and get an aftermarket rim to use as a spare, you will probably need to get a different set of lugnuts for the spare. The factory rims are hub centric, meaning the rims are centered on the center hub and it holds the weight, so the the lug nuts just have a flat face. Most aftermarket rims are lug centric, meaning the rims and weight are supported by the lugs, and thus use the conical/tapered style lugnuts. Not a huge deal, but you basically would need to make sure to carry the correct 4 lugnuts in case you need that spare. Obviously test fit everything when at home and don't wait until you are in the middle of the woods to verify everything fits.

·
July 2022 TOTM Winner
2022 Teryx SLE
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are running the stock rims and get an aftermarket rim to use as a spare, you will probably need to get a different set of lugnuts for the spare. The factory rims are hub centric, meaning the rims are centered on the center hub and it holds the weight, so the the lug nuts just have a flat face. Most aftermarket rims are lug centric, meaning the rims and weight are supported by the lugs, and thus use the conical/tapered style lugnuts. Not a huge deal, but you basically would need to make sure to carry the correct 4 lugnuts in case you need that spare. Obviously test fit everything when at home and don't wait until you are in the middle of the woods to verify everything fits.
I ordered an ITP steel rim for the spare, and didn’t think about the lug nuts. Fortunately, I’ve got a set of tapered Yamaha golf cart tapered lugs that fit perfectly. Thanks for reminding me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts