Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has 2020 kawasaki teryx t4 with 30" tires with superatv arched arms and superatv 2" suspension lift. He has gone threw 2 belts so far. So where can he get a good stage 3. The only thing we can find is a vfj stage 3 clutch but can't find where to buy it. Any suggestions and links would help thank you.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,436 Posts
First, make sure you are using a Kawasaki belt and nothing else.
To contact V-Force John call him directly at (570) 773-1240 or email vforcejohn@yahoo.com
He will ask you questions about your bike and its configuration, riding style/location and tire size. He can then put together a clutch kit that should help you out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, make sure you are using a Kawasaki belt and nothing else.
To contact V-Force John call him directly at (570) 773-1240 or email vforcejohn@yahoo.com
He will ask you questions about your bike and its configuration, riding style/location and tire size. He can then put together a clutch kit that should help you out.
Thank you I will tell him to give him a call. Thank you again

·
Registered
28 Posts
How and where does he drive?

Some people drive in high gear all the time. Slow driving, especially under heavy loads like climbing, while in high gear will smoke a belt pretty quickly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My dad has 2020 kawasaki teryx t4 with 30" tires with superatv arched arms and superatv 2" suspension lift. He has gone threw 2 belts so far. So where can he get a good stage 3. The only thing we can find is a vfj stage 3 clutch but can't find where to buy it. Any suggestions and links would help thank you.
I have a 2020 teryx LE 2, the belts slip on level ground the dealer said to start out in low and then pull it to drive after your rolling and if you get down to 10 mph need to use low gear ? I have 210 hrs. and on second belt. After it's out of warranty I am going to order DURA Clutch put one on my RZR, great product.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have a 2020 teryx LE 2, the belts slip on level ground the dealer said to start out in low and then pull it to drive after your rolling and if you get down to 10 mph need to use low gear ? I have 210 hrs. and on second belt. After it's out of warranty I am going to order DURA Clutch put one on my RZR, great product.
I've never heard that, and the machine is simply not designed to shift gears on the fly at any speed. I probably have 1,000 miles on 30's and heavy beadlocks on the stock clutch and have never slipped the belt in high, including running the more difficult and technical trails at Windrock and Brimstone. Total miles on my machine is around 1,500 and changed the belt out at around 1,100 miles. Absolutely no problem with it but was doing plugs and other maintenance anyway so went ahead and put a new OEM belt on it. The original looked great and now keep it as a spare.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That’s a recipe for transmission destruction right there.

Did you break in you belt at all?

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
I agree. The Manual is very specific about NOT shifting unless you are at a complete stop. Like Blazer said above, I also changed my original belt around 1100 miles, not because I was having problems, but because I didn't know how long it would last and didn't want it to fail out on the trail. And, like Blazer, my original looked so good I kept it as a spare. If you have a stock LE and your belt slips on level ground, you have a problem that needs to be fixed.

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
523 Posts
It's fine, belts are cheap and easy to replace right? :unsure:
I'm sure mine would slip the belt too if I had 30's. It sometimes doesn't want to turn the stock tires as it is. But the belt has never slipped that I'm aware of.

I replaced my belt pretty early on just because we were always loaded down fairly heavy for 90% of the 600 miles. Old belt was fine.
A buddy blew his belt on his 850 polaris quad on the weekend. What a pita that was to get to.Under the seat ahead of the rear diff, clutches faced the back of the machine. Thankfully he replaced it once already and knew how to do it quick enough but it still took well over an hour.
At least you can remove a handful of bolts and see the entire clutch cover on a Teryx.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
I wouldn't say that changing a belt on a Teryx is particularly easy. :cautious:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought a new Teryx 4 last summer, and I'm new to owning a UTV, and changing the belt is the one thing I'm definitely not looking forward to, especially if I need to do it on the trail.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
The lucky thing about changing the belt on a Teryx is the fact that you will almost never need to do it "out on the trail". When the belt starts to wear, it will start to slip. You will know its slipping by the loud squealing sound it makes. These noises start at first as short bursts when the machine is under strain. If you hear your belt squeal, its time to change it, but don't worry, you have time to finish your ride. Just make sure you change it before your next ride. Doing this will make it highly likely that you will never need to change one on the trail.

Also, if your belt is still squealing after you change it, then you either used the wrong belt, or you need a clutch kit.
And one last hint, NEVER use any brand of belt other than Kawasaki.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I bought a new Teryx 4 last summer, and I'm new to owning a UTV, and changing the belt is the one thing I'm definitely not looking forward to, especially if I need to do it on the trail.
I changed mine at 2000 mi. Still
Was well within spec. Kept it as a spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts