Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
KFXokie
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I'm new here, but not new to the fun of the Kawasaki V-twin. I have been researching the Teryx since the news release last year. Just waiting on the old tax return to pick one up. When I get my new ride I plan on adding a VDI, air filter and pipe right out of the box.

With my V-force it made a big difference just to change the main clutch spring, it was a noticable performance gain. I have not seen any post other than "clutch mods" being suggested here for the Teryx. I understand the sheave and weights can make a big difference, but what about just changing the springs?

After I get those things done I would like to jump in with a 840 BB kit. Where do you think the HP would be with these mods, top speed and performance compared to the Polaris RZR?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yea your gonna be way out in front..

·
KFXokie
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went by the dealer today and looked over a standard red Teryx. The dealer has several LEs ordered, but are not in yet. Maybe later in Febuary. I went straight to the Rhino dealer to sit in one to get a feel of the difference. I noticed that at my size 6 foot, 240 lbs that the Teryx had a little more leg and seat room and much easier to get in and out of compared to the Rhino.

I like it, I like it alot!

Thanks for the feedback, I figure I will be out in front. But what would you guess the rear wheel HP would be with the CDI, Pipe, Airbox mod, 840 FST BB, cam, jetting and clutch modes give you? Top Speed estimate?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts