Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure what to look for in previous posts. Asking mostly out of curiosity.

The manual for our 2019 says that the transmission must be in neutral OR the brake pedal depressed to use the starter. On the same page, it says the starter will not operate when the shifter is in H, L, or R.

How is it supposed to be?

Our Teryx4 will start without the brake pressed, and with the shifter in H, L R or N. Is something wrong or disabled, or is that just how they are?

BTW, we just bought it and are loving it so far.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,480 Posts
Mine does that too. My brake light switch is always stuck on due to mud and dirt. I clean it, and sometimes it works for a bit, but then sticks again. I have a new one on order. But yes, I agree with Scotty, the problem is likely in the brake light switch. Its attached to your brake pedal arm with a small spring. You might try shooting some WD-40 or similar in there to get it working again. Have someone stand behind you while you work the brake pedal. If the lights don't change, then your brake lights are always on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys!

It was the brake switch. I unhooked the switch spring and stretched it slightly. The brake lights now come on when the pedal is depressed, and are not on all of the time.

The Teryx will start when the brake pedal is depressed, OR when it is in neutral.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts