Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
New to the site. Having problems with my machine and after reading other threads, I have come to the conclusion that it must be the stator, regulator or bad ground.
I am going to be picking up the teryx from my property this weekend to start working on it, just wanted to know if anyone could give me pointers on where to start first.
Where is the regulator/rectifier located? Thanks in advance!

Pictures appreciated!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
What exactly is going on with the machine? It's hard to give pointers where to start if nobody really know what the issue is. I know you mention you think it's the stator, regulator, or bad ground "based off reading other threads", but what testing have you performed?

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
514 Posts
How about start with a model year instead. Then search for a service manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tested the regulator and was getting a reading of 484-485 on every prong.... does that mean my regulator is good?
How do I test the stator without removing it.
Sorry for so many questions, Im new at all of this including using the digital multimeter .
Thanks in advance to all that are helping!

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
The service manual will describe a test for the stator, pretty much testing for open or shorted windings by taking readings between the pins on the plug with the multimeter. The hardest part of the charging system to check is the rotor, they can lose magnetism over time.(I doubt if that is your problem)

Mike

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I tested the regulator and was getting a reading of 484-485 on every prong.... does that mean my regulator is good?
How do I test the stator without removing it.
Sorry for so many questions, Im new at all of this including using the digital multimeter .
Thanks in advance to all that are helping!
485 what? Obviously not voltage or amps. Maybe ohms? Did you have the one lead grounded and touch the other lead to the prongs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
485 what? Obviously not voltage or amps. Maybe ohms? Did you have the one lead grounded and touch the other lead to the prongs?
We tested the regulator with the multimeter in diode position and then tested the stator in the ohms position on the lowest setting.

We also ran a new ground from the battery to make sure that wasn't the problem. Ran fine for a bit but died again after about 20 minutes. Turned it off and on multiple times within the 20 minutes and it cranked right up. But eventually it wouldn't start and just gave me the click click click

1 - 10 of 10 Posts