Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 2018 LE 2 seater I was coming around the corner about 5 to 6 miles an hour tops and hit The passenger side front tire Square into a tree it was a good hit I don’t see anything bent at all but here’s the thing my steering is clunking and It is so hard to turn and it locks up all I can do is turn it left and when I go to turn it to the right it stops at the center and will not turn the tires out to the right side it just locks up whether I’m driving or sitting still in four wheel Or two

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
If nothing is obviously bent (tie rods, a-arms, mounts, etc..) then you likely damaged the steering rack. Best case it just skipped several teeth but from the sounds of it there is major damage inside it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If i were you I would closely inspect all the a arm welds for cracked peeling paint and check the frame those a arms are attached to. You might want to even measure your wheel base and check left against right

·
ROCKSOFFROAD
1,435 Posts
Someone said they had a loose bolt in steering shaft that slipped off the spline teeth ? Maybe
My 2005 trans 4x4 Mule broke a rack & pinion housing paid $900 parts & labor for a new one at dealer

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I have a 2018 LE 2 seater I was coming around the corner about 5 to 6 miles an hour tops and hit The passenger side front tire Square into a tree it was a good hit I don’t see anything bent at all but here’s the thing my steering is clunking and It is so hard to turn and it locks up all I can do is turn it left and when I go to turn it to the right it stops at the center and will not turn the tires out to the right side it just locks up whether I’m driving or sitting still in four wheel Or two
Did u find out what was wrong my kid did about the same thing on ours and we have the same problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts