Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where could i find a deck that can withstand the outdoors (sand,moisture)?
Don't need a cd player, just something to hook up an ipod to and my portable sirius unit.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Max, You can get an amplifier & speakers, then use your ipod/sat as the input. Then you can enjoy the tunes without the cd player gettin torn up..."Best Buy" guy said a cd will last 6 mos to a year tops in an offroad environment... Laser and mechanism can get trashed...But you can get a marine amp from Crutchfield, or even a "Racer-x" amp kit (at Racerxms.com) $150- I think the crutchfield amp includes speakers for like 140-, but it is white... You can get your own speakers...easy install. Saw the Racer-x kit in Sand Addiction Mag...June 07...pg 24. Then hide the amp and get some outdoor speakers (auto's will work also) Depends if you are show or go...I was thinking yesterday about gettin an amp...good timing on that question...I too will use an ipod and an xm radio...

Have Fun! Post some pics!

Kurt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can i use my sirius without a stereo head unit? I know an ipod could work without it but i thaught that the sirius had to have it if that makes sense.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes, You should be able to. The ipod and the Sat Radio is your source, and you should be able to adjust the power on the amp(depending on model) and the line out on the ipod etc...you just need the patch cord from the amp to the input...i think my ipod has a 2.0-2.5mm plug, also my xm has the same...check your model of sirius to see if you can adjust the volume...just to be sure. I believe that the volume adjustments of an actual deck may be more ultimately, but like when I go to the river or desert, i listen to my xm in my truck...there usually is no real fm radio reception....I don't habla the stations that come in...But Pismo Beach has FM!! So depends on where you live and where you RIDE!!... You can get fm adaptors now for your ipod too!

Just fyi you should be able to plug in a set of headphones into the sirius and get something out of it...maybe not too much, the amp boosts it to the speakers...

Later

·
Registered
150 Posts
Cool with the knob on the dash, and the hidden input, would still need an amp and speakers...Cool idea though! Another "custom" touch...

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
all depends on what sirius radio you have? You can run a jack stright to your amp I'm thinking of doing the same because of the lack of space to mount a stereo on dash

·
Registered
82 Posts
we sale the jensen am/fm/weather band waterproof radios and they have a port for i pods. work great retail around 300 with antenna/speakers/head unit

Front panel audio aux-in for use with iPods, MP3 players, and portable CD players
Electronic US/Euro AM/FM Tuner
12VDC Power – no batteries required
2 Wire Power Connection allows unit to maintain station presets. Clock will run up to 30 days when vehicle battery is disconnected
Completely waterproof; locks out water, dirt, and grime. Unit will withstand even the harshest weather conditions
7-Channel NOAA weatherband tuner
Weather Alert automatically switches to WB mode when NOAA warning broadcast is received.
Corrosion and UV-resistant faceplate
Programmable station presets (12AM/18FM)
Built-in Jobsite Work Timer
Electronic Seek up-down / Volume / Bass / Treble & Balance Controls
12/24 hour clock
Backlit controls with selectable amber or green illumination color
Daylight readable display with wide viewing angle
1/4" Headphone jack pigtail & 2-Channel Stereo Speaker Output
Universal mounting provisions
2-Channel amplified audio output (15W)
One-touch Audio Mute
E-mark certified
Chassis Size: 5-3/16" W x 3-3/8" H x 1-7/8" D
Please call Jensen at 1-800-688-3135 with any product questions