Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Teryx SLE
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ran the factory Big Horn tires on the HM trails? I have a trip scheduled in October, and won’t be able to replace them before the trip. Several people have told me that I need bigger tires for ground clearance. What do y’all think?

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
575 Posts
you will be fine. I have run bighorn 2.0's on different vehicles all over the H&M and Outlaw trails, TN, and KY and never had an issue. A lot of people hate on them, but I actually really like the Bighorns as far as traction and performance go on all of that terrain. Personally I have never had a puncture on one, but people do complain about that as well. I am always prepared for a tire repair regardless, and we have patched many tires on the trail, but for me the Bighorns have held up very well. As far as the ground clearance goes, you'll also be just fine. The Hatfield trails are not nearly as technical and rocky as a place like Windrock or the Royal Blue WMA areas in TN. If your buddy has a place in Gilbert I assume you are riding Rockhouse and maybe Devil Anse or Buffalo Mountain. Rockhouse has a couple good more technical trails with rocks, and you may run in to some deeper ruts in areas so you'll have to pick a different line than a X3 on 35" tires or something, but you will be fine. Basically, don't overthink it and just pick your line based on your machine and have fun... and don't be afraid to use the winch if you need to, that's what it's there for.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
The official HMT trails I have seen are usually pretty tame, and I thought even the double black diamond trails were pretty easy when compared to places like Windrock and Brimstone. We had a completely stock Polaris Ranger crew and he went everywhere with no issues. Can't talk for the outlaw trails and every HMT trails though.

·
Administrator
4,394 Posts
No problem with factory sized tires on the H&M trails. Thousands of 25-26" tires run them every year. Just try to straddle the deeper ruts. Most of the H&M trails are very easy.

Reactions: 303hunter
1 - 5 of 5 Posts