Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

street legal

10K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  KFXokie 
#1 · (Edited)
if you need help street legal your side by side
i have a guy that can do it in all 50 state /email knox42@gmail.com# or call 5053283500

#8 ·
Street legal?

Even in California? That would be great. It must be like the chinese pitbikes that you can get street legal. You couldn't do it by walking into a DMV yourself, but there are ways to beat the system. Have they done any in California yet? How much does it cost? Do you have to do the blinkers and taillights yourself?

#11 ·
Even in California? That would be great. It must be like the chinese pitbikes that you can get street legal. You couldn't do it by walking into a DMV yourself, but there are ways to beat the system. Have they done any in California yet? How much does it cost? Do you have to do the blinkers and taillights yourself?
he has done some in cal /he is in cal /it cost 500.00/you do blinkers yourself

#14 ·
Kent was very helpful talking with me. thanks. For the Louisiana guys, here's kinda where I fall and what I think that I know...

Essentially, the guy that Kent used, will issue a complete new title & VIN from his company that can generate them. Then it is essentially treated as a car. Cost is about $500 or so. The concerns that I have are that in LA, you will have to re-register it and pay tax again on some level. Also, you will get a plate, but I think that you will struggle here to get an inspection so you may still not be legal. Because its a 'car' now, you are expected to have a windshield, wipers, odometer, etc etc and numerous concerns that may not be there with a motorcylce, but it's feasible. If you don't get it inspected, and just run the plate, but are grossly illegal, I don't think that it'll help you much with the police.

In the end, its a bit too much money and risk of getting it completed for me right now. I just don't want to make all of the mods that are suposedly required for cars to get an inspection etc. I'm more inclined to keep trying to find a way to register it as a motorcycle. That's what we've done on Supermoto's when I was in Texas.

In TX, all we did with MSO motocross bikes was go to a 'friendly' dealer and there was a blue form (can't recall what the title is) that they fill out certifying that the bike has the required street legal components. They would give you the inspection sticker and then you would take the form to the DMV, proof of insurance and they would issue a motorcyle plate. All very simple with very little required... horn, lights etc. Cost about $30-50. I don't yet know if this can be done in LA or even with a teryx; although, I've seen a RZR in TX that was street legal in my old home town. I assume that they did the same thing.

My understanding is that the TX procedure was similar to what folks were doing in AZ. I welcome any insight and advice.

#15 ·
Friendly City Goverment

I am fortunate to live in Weatherford, OK. The city recently passed an ordinance to make it legal for side x side vehicles and mini trucks to drive on city streets. They require you to have insurance and a slow moving vehicle triangle on the rear of the machine. I say they are friendly to our cause because the cheif of police has a polaris ranger he drives around. Drove mine the first time legally last night. I am a bit concerned at how loud my HMF duals are in town. Needless to say I turn a few heads. Only stipulation is that you can't drive on State highways or main street, but you can cross them. I'm loving it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.