Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys in Arizona need to do to get your Teryx street legal. I'm in Washington State and this F,UP place dose not do Street Legal for ATV's and Side X Side's. If it was just a paper work thing I was thinking I would send all my paper work ot my dad in Phoenix and have him register it down there then send the plate and paper work back ( We have the same name ) This is all just to mess with the cops up in the woods.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The unit requires a horn, rearview mirror, and lighted license plate bracket. No inspection required, just a signature that states you have all the above.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It needs to have a mirror, horn and lighted license plate holder. There is some debate on the windshield requirement. But to get it registered in AZ to be street legal you do not need the windshield. My street legal registration costs $156 for 1 year. It is registered as a Motorcycle.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Rob is dead on about the fees and requirements, I paid the same and it was easy to do. I also talked with a couple of Mesa Police Officers that I know and they said that if you have some sort of eye protection, (glasses, googles or what ever) you are good to go.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
You'll have to check State regulations. Here In W.Va. you can NOT register a Side X Side or ATV, because they are "intended for Off Road use ONLY" Even switching to street tires, and all the needed stuff for inspection, they can't be titled to be accessible on the street.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
No, I used to do Inspections, so I know that they are not allowed to be street legal in W.Va... Heck ,we're still fighting to keep what laws we already have. We have had a bunch of accidents with ATV's in the state (drunks and kids riding without helmets on roads0 and now the legislators are trying to do away with riding on public grounds and such. The Hatfield/McCoys trails are also in danger.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hay trlkidd where in WA. are you ? Im in Monroe. I read the info on the link and you can only pull the farm thing if you can prove farm status on your land and you can only go fifty miles from your land as for the street rod thing that is a no go in WA. because the TERYX has an MSO and that has Off Road Only on it. That can't be changed in WA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts