Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2010 Teryx and I'm replacing the belt. The secondary clutch came off without any issues and I got the bolt out of the primary clutch but it is stuck on. I've let it sit in PB Blaster for a few days and still cannot get it out. Any suggestions on what else to try or is there a pully I can buy/rent?

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car Automotive exterior

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
798 Posts
Reactions: aw9d

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I guess I'll have to order one. The videos I've been watching as soon as the clutch bolt is off they just pop off. Must be some nice clean SxS's they are working on!

·
798 Posts
I got the clutch off pretty easy on my 2020. I found that odd cause nothing usually comes apart that easy for me.
I'm not sure if maybe they have a tapered shaft on the older models? I dunno...

I had to use a puller to get my junky rzr clutch off. Well, I was too cheap to buy the actual tool and just bought a piece of redi-rod/all-thread of the correct thread pitch and a couple nuts, then hope that I didn't screw up the threads in the crank.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up just ordering the one off amazon. We did the belt on my buddies Yamaha Rhino (2008) and just needed two bolts to get everything lose and belt comes right off. Was hoping this was the same setup buuuuuuuuuuuuut nope.

Oh well, always fun to buy more tools. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your 2010 Teryx is in need of a new belt, follow these steps to replace it.
  • Park your Teryx on a level surface and set the parking brake.
  • Remove the key from the ignition to prevent the engine from accidentally starting while you are working.
  • Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery to prevent electrical shock.
  • Raise the hood and prop it open with the hood support rod.
  • Locate the engine belt routing diagram on the underside of the hood. This will help you identify which belt needs to be replaced as of Kemimoto.
  • Use a wrench to loosen, but do not remove, the bolts that secure the belt tensioner pulley.
  • Rotate the belt tensioner pulley clockwise to release the tension on the belt.
  • Remove the old belt from around the pulleys and discard it.
  • Install the new belt around the pulleys, making sure to follow the belt routing diagram.
  • Rotate the belt tensioner pulley counterclockwise to tension the belt.
  • Tighten the bolts that secure the belt tensioner pulley.
  • Lower the hood and reconnect the negative battery cable to the battery.
  • Start the engine and check that the belt is running smoothly.

·
Premium Member
2011 Teryx Camo, Muzzy exhaust, MSD controller, Pro Armor doors, Method beadlocks and Tensor tires
890 Posts
If your 2010 Teryx is in need of a new belt, follow these steps to replace it.
  • Park your Teryx on a level surface and set the parking brake.
  • Remove the key from the ignition to prevent the engine from accidentally starting while you are working.
  • Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery to prevent electrical shock.
  • Raise the hood and prop it open with the hood support rod.
  • Locate the engine belt routing diagram on the underside of the hood. This will help you identify which belt needs to be replaced as of Kemimoto.
  • Use a wrench to loosen, but do not remove, the bolts that secure the belt tensioner pulley.
  • Rotate the belt tensioner pulley clockwise to release the tension on the belt.
  • Remove the old belt from around the pulleys and discard it.
  • Install the new belt around the pulleys, making sure to follow the belt routing diagram.
  • Rotate the belt tensioner pulley counterclockwise to tension the belt.
  • Tighten the bolts that secure the belt tensioner pulley.
  • Lower the hood and reconnect the negative battery cable to the battery.
  • Start the engine and check that the belt is running smoothly.
????? Looks like good information for replacing the belt on something, but not a Teryx!

Mike

·
798 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts