Premium Member
2022 Teryx SLE
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,589 Posts
I typically frown on Chinese tires. In the automotive world, they are the worst. However, a friend of mine put a set of SunF tires on his ATV that I called "Bighorn Nock-offs" because they had a tread very similar to the Big Horns our bikes came with stock. The tread on them is slightly deeper and the rubber seems harder and stiffer than a Big Horn. They are also stiffer over all. However, I have been very impressed with their traction and ability. On a ATV, I think they are too hard, but on a SXS they might work well. I have not seen them on a SXS yet, but my friend has been very happy with them on his ATV.

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Teryx4
41 Posts
Anyone tried Sun F tires? The price is right, and they have good reviews.
I ran them on my previous Arctic Cat Prowler, the price was good and they worked well (bought them off Amazon). Never had a problem with them. The tread is deeper and they were holding up very well when I sold the Prowler, still lokked new with close to 1000 miles on them. I would definitely buy them again.

·
Premium Member
2022 Teryx SLE
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Friend of mine ordered a set of Sun F for his Polaris 800 two seat quad, so I’ll get to check them out soon.

·
Registered
2017 Teryx4
503 Posts
What are their options on these tires?
One is running the "Bighorn knock-offs" VirginiaHawk mentioned. Man is in his 80's but noticed the stiffness in the ride right away. The other character is my FIL and he has a different model tire. He put them on right before we went to Windrock and he was very happy with them. I'm not sure which model tire but I think he got them at Walmart. I looked on the interweb and they might be the A021 model. Those look familiar to me.

·
Premium Member
2022 Teryx SLE
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One is running the "Bighorn knock-offs" VirginiaHawk mentioned. Man is in his 80's but noticed the stiffness in the ride right away. The other character is my FIL and he has a different model tire. He put them on right before we went to Windrock and he was very happy with them. I'm not sure which model tire but I think he got them at Walmart. I looked on the interweb and they might be the A021 model. Those look familiar to me.
The Big Horn knock off is the tire I’m looking at. Was he satisfied with the traction?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts