Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick up a full set of Super ATV arched A-Arms for the 17 T4. No ball joints installed or bushings.

The wife's T4 we picked last fall only has 225 miles on it. Should I harvest the balls joints out of the stock arms for use in the new ones? Same for bushings?

Or buy all new aftermarket?

Looking for suggestions

Thanks
Muz

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed mine a few months ago. Bushing upgrade, in my experience, is well worth it considering the relatively low cost and longer expected lifespan. Ball joints, I went ahead and installed aftermarket. Im a big fan of have extras on hand so I’ve held onto the factory ones as spare parts because ball joints are something that tend to go bad on off road vehicles.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
There is less labor involved if you buy new balljoints and bushings.....from my experience it took twice as long to remove the old parts from the stock arms as it did to install them on the new arms. With that said I had around 1,000 miles on my T4 when I installed the SuperATV front arms and re-used the original bushings and balljoints, and now have around 1,300 miles on it with no issues. The majority of the miles on mine are heavy trailriding in places like Brimstone and Windrock.

·
Registered
2019 Teryx4 LE. 30 in Terache Aztex
14 Posts
I reused all of my old stuff as I only had 100 or so miles on mine. Looking back, I would have ordered the SuperATV bushing kit though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just installed the 6 inch lift from SuperATV, New Teryx 2021 800 still ordered the ball joints and bushings, makes the job a lot easier and no delay if a ball joint is damaged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts