Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone new here. just purchased a 2021 teryx s and was going to install the super atv 6 inch portals...
The problem now is they apparently don't fit on the S model.. does anyone know why ? I called them directly Friday and had no real answer. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
My thoughts, FWIW, is that the S models have different A-arms but probably share rear knuckles and spindles with the standard model. In that case I think the standard portals would work? Possible that Super ATV does not have an S Model to try them on and doesn't want to share unverified information. (like I am!) It would be an expensive experiment if they didn't fit.
Super ATV SHOULD be your best source of information unless someone else has already tried the installation.
Mike

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
273 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Whenever a new model machine comes up the aftermarket companies will by default say the accessories will not fit until they have time to verify if they do or not. It makes a lot more sense to stay on the safe side and tell people they will not work versus with dealing with ticked off customers that spend big $$ and find out they won't. In regards to portals on the S model I'm sure worse case it would just be making a different adaptor bracket. Unfortunately I would say checking for portal fitment on a Teryx S is probably pretty low on the priority list for SuperATV.

·
Vendor
936 Posts
Yep, still waiting for confirmation. They haven't released the schematics for it yet, and we don't have one to test yet. Rumor has it we have one coming, but I can' say when for sure. I doubt they changed much. I'm assuming the brake lines and caliper mounts and adapters would be the biggest concern. I doubt we'll have to change up the mounting brackets....but I can't say for sure yet. I'll try to update as soon as I get some confirmation.

·
Registered
2021 Teryx S LE - Candy Persimmon Red/Black
21 Posts
Yep, still waiting for confirmation. They haven't released the schematics for it yet, and we don't have one to test yet. Rumor has it we have one coming, but I can' say when for sure. I doubt they changed much. I'm assuming the brake lines and caliper mounts and adapters would be the biggest concern. I doubt we'll have to change up the mounting brackets....but I can't say for sure yet. I'll try to update as soon as I get some confirmation.
You can come test the 4" Portals on my 2021 Teryx S LE. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol! Rumor has it that we have one on the way. Hopefully we'll get some time on a lift soon and get it updated if needed.

Thanks for the response
If it wasn't for this lock down stuff I would personally deliver mine from Canada for you to test it.
... any word on how soon i have a set of 37's waiting to be put on lol.

·
Registered
2021 Teryx S LE - Candy Persimmon Red/Black
21 Posts
Thanks for the response
If it wasn't for this lock down stuff I would personally deliver mine from Canada for you to test it.
37s? Wow. Are you upgrading the steering and tie rods too?

·
Vendor
936 Posts
Thanks for the response
Lol! Hell yeah!! Its on the list to get knocked out as soon as it makes it into the shop. I'll try to hit this thread with updates as soon as it comes in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts