Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 teryx 4 camo. My power steering broke so i replaced it with the super atv. Ive gone through the diagnosice process. And the white wire is properly connected and the there is a constant clicking noise coming from the power steering unit and a little red light is blinking at the same speed but the eps unit. The blinking is coming from the eps wiring harness. Anyone have any help/ideas? Thanks boys!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That click you hear is the solenoid. Its likely one of two things. Either the solenoid is a dud, or you have a low or dying battery and the PS motor isn't getting enough juice to turn over.

What voltage are you getting on the white wire when the key is on, but not turned over?
With the key on
11.7 from the white wire
12.8 at the battery.

· Vendor
1,057 Posts
With the key on
11.7 from the white wire
12.8 at the battery.
I'm thinking you're battery is dying. The motor needs a minimum of 12.8v to turn over. Its a safety device built into the motor so its not sucking power on a dying batter and won't leave you stranded. It just shuts off so you're not pulling power and you're still able to drive out without power steering.

· Vendor
1,057 Posts
Good luck with SuperATV...they haven't been any help for me. Make a sale is all it's about.
Really? Please, enlighten me. I can figure out anything you need. PM me with whatever you're working on.

I see that you ordered the wrong windshield for your machine about a year ago, but can't find anything else since.
Is this still the issue?

· Registered
48 Posts
No, I have worked on it to make it work since they would not allow a return. I carefully cut and trimmed the wrong windshield so that it fits fairly well. Of course it doesn’t seal like the correct one would, but it’s better to see through than the old one.
One of the velcro straps which holds it in place broke. I think the two metal rings the strap goes through separated and cut through part of the strap. Anyway, I tried the “chat” link, but it would not work. So, I sent an email asking if there was one I could buy. They would not answer yes or no if they had one, or how much unless I called on the phone. The only option is to call on phone. I can’t talk on the phone. So, I said they could disregard on it. Thanks for the reply. I don’t see why the information couldn’t be sent by email and I could order on line. I’ll find it with another vendor or make one myself. Oh well.

· Vendor
1,057 Posts
No, I have worked on it to make it work since they would not allow a return. I carefully cut and trimmed the wrong windshield so that it fits fairly well. Of course it doesn’t seal like the correct one would, but it’s better to see through than the old one.
One of the velcro straps which holds it in place broke. I think the two metal rings the strap goes through separated and cut through part of the strap. Anyway, I tried the “chat” link, but it would not work. So, I sent an email asking if there was one I could buy. They would not answer yes or no if they had one, or how much unless I called on the phone. The only option is to call on phone. I can’t talk on the phone. So, I said they could disregard on it. Thanks for the reply. I don’t see why the information couldn’t be sent by email and I could order on line. I’ll find it with another vendor or make one myself. Oh well.
Email volume is pretty crazy. You'll get your answers via email, but they are answered one at a time in the order they were received. Same with the web-chat feature. It is always much faster and more efficient to call in.

For future reference, here is a link to the windshield straps on the website: https://www.superatv.com/windshield-clamp-kit

· Registered
48 Posts
Email volume is pretty crazy. You'll get your answers via email, but they are answered one at a time in the order they were received. Same with the web-chat feature. It is always much faster and more efficient to call in.

For future reference, here is a link to the windshield straps on the website: https://www.superatv.com/windshield-clamp-kit
Yes, they answered same day via email, but did not state how much one was. These straps on your link are not mine. Thanks anyway. They no longer display the windshield I bought, so there must have been other problems with it. Thanks anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts