Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The hawse from the viper winch does not match up the mounting hole for the Super ATV mount, ended up buying one separately. In retrospect I should have removed the bumper and winch and slipped on the supplied Viper winch under the winch on top of the S ATV mount. Then again, would have needed longer bolts.
Have to say that the instructions from both companies were poor. The Viper mounting instructions were basically non existant. Didn't know that it comes with a remote switch. The online instructions don't match with the contactor but is easy to figure out. No mention of using a backup wrench to prevent the terminals from moving when tightening the wiring nuts. Luckily this is the 4th winch I have installed so I had some idea what I am doing. The You Tube video from Super ATV for mounting the bracket is ok but lacking in some details, like the contactor mount. I screwed mine to the the frame instead of going to the trouble of removing the shroud. The bumper reinstall goes in front of the winch and not under.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Installed the hawse and tested the winch. It was running backwards. Didn't feel like rewiring the control wires as my fingers are fat and the screws are small so I just reversed the yellow and blue wires coming off the contactor
Tire Wheel Hood Vehicle Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas Vehicle Wire

Had to ream the holes out a bit for the hawse screws to fit

the wiring is a bit of a mess but I did use lots of wire ties after these pics. We have a trip coming up and after we get back, I plan on adding a fuse box and accessories. The wireless receiver I velcroed to the radiator shroud.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Realized I did not have a recovery option on the front of the bike so after a bit of thought I added one to the Super ATV mount. Would recommend doing this before mounting the winch. Just be careful of the control arm behind the plate. That's why I mounted it on the low side. Would have rather been a little higher
Blue Fluid Rectangle Water Fixture

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Rim Automotive exterior

1 - 3 of 3 Posts