Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I installed new 'SuperATV 1" Wheel Spacers' on our 2018 Teryx2 800.

First off, I want to thank SuperATV for the discount code for this order. SATV is second to none when it comes to customer communication and same-day shipping!

I always thought our Teryx2 looked a little narrow in the front. The front track width is about 2" narrower than is the back track width. In stock form, our Teryx had a tendency to understeer some times. I thought by widening the front a little it might help correct the understeer (not tested yet) some. I decided to add wheel spacers to the front only so the front & rear track width would be about the same.

Wheel spacers are pretty simple to install and I am sure anyone can understand how they are added. Just be sure to add a little thread-lock to the OEM studs that mount the wheel spacer to the hub. Only about half the threads on the stud are used by the lug-nut (see pics).

The only other thing I want to add is that SuperATV 1" wheel spacers are not actually 1" wide (see pics). The actual width of the advertised 1" wheel spacers are 1-3/16" wide. The reason for the added width is so the lug-nuts that mount the spacer to the hub do not stick-out past flush with the face of the wheel spacer. I guess I can deal with the added width I wasn't expecting..., what choice do I have anyway, right? :giggle:

SuperATV 1" Wheel Spacers.

Add some thread-lock before mounting the wheel spacer.

SuperATV 1" wheel spacers are actually 1-3/16" wide.

If the wheel spacers where actually 1" wide the lug-nuts would stick-out past flush.

This is the how the wheel spacers look with the wheel mounted on them.

I like the wider stance our Teryx has now with the 1" wheel spacers!

As you can see in this photo, the front & rear track width are about the same now.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I added two more photos to the post above. The new photos show the wider stance of our Teryx with the SuperATV 1" (actually 1-3/16") wheel spacers. Also, the front & rear track width are now about equal.

As for turning..., it's hard to say yet as I just went for a short 'rip' out behind the house in the snow. Maybe it's my imagination, but the front didn't seem to 'tuck' when diving into a hard turn like it did in stock form.

I need more 'wheel' time to form an opinion about any turning change with the wider front track???

·
Registered
2017 Teryx4
264 Posts
The wider stance with the flares looks good. Update us after you put some miles on it.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wider stance with the flares looks good. Update us after you put some miles on it.
I will update as I get more feel for the wider front end. However, how it feels right now is going to change shortly as I am going to put 28s on the 'buggy' shortly. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts