Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw that SuperATV recently released a +3" long travel kit for the Teryx. Uses stock shocks but has longer a-arms, axles, tierods, and some sort of shock brackets.....curious to the travel numbers and ride improvement using the stock shocks. I don't see where they list estimated travel numbers, just that it increases width 3" on each side and allows for 30" tires.

At first I thought it was maybe just the 6" lift kit with different shock brackets, but after looking at the pictures the a-arms are different (but would guess the axles and tierods may be the same???). Price is $3,000 which is significantly more than the 6" lift kit.

https://www.superatv.com/kawasaki-teryx-3-inch-long-travel-kit

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The HCR kit that uses the stock shocks is $3,849 (raw steel/non-painted) and $5,500 with King shocks on their website versus $3,000 for the SuperATV that uses stock shocks. I kind of like the idea of +3" which would be an inch wider than I am now with 2" spacers, but without the extra leverage and wear on the bearings. It will be interesting to see what you can do with aftermarket shocks. This is just speculation at this point but would think you could get away with the extended length Bandits/Hesters/814s. Probably just have to verify they wouldn't allow enough droop to bind up the axles, and if so run some limit straps?????

I'm sure somebody will be trying it out soon......though it won't be me. Don't get me wrong as I think it would be really neat but not going to spend $3k since I already have offset/high clearance arms front and rear, Bandits, and 2" wheel spacers.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would be interested in knowing if it provides any lift assuming you keep the preload on the stock shocks the same. The site does say it allows 30" tires but not sure if that is only because the arms are presumably offset.
This kit comes with upper shock brackets so obviously can't use the typical SuperATV lift in conjunction with it, and would be surprised if any of the a-arm bracket lift kits would work either.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You would gain ground clearance with the high clearance front and rear arms, but the body height would be the same as stock. This kit is designed to work with your stock shocks...without having to adjust anything. 100% bolt up and go. If you wanted to.......you could get longer shocks and do away with the long travel shock brackets...and you'd squeeze out a little more wheel travel. With the included shock brackets, you wouldn't be able to run another lift on top of it........unless you went with longer shocks attached to the frame locations and didn't use the shock brackets in the kit.

No body lift. Just the added ground clearance from the arched arms and the forward offset...allowing for the bigger tires.
Thanks for the information. Do you have any suspension travel numbers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts