Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Teryx4 LE
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last Sunday we had an amazing day riding with some friends. Made it up to a small little mountain lake here in northern Cali. Was headed home right after it got dark. Cruising along and all of a sudden.....boom.....a damn bear ran right out in front of me. Hit that damn thing at about 40. Needless to say, side by side is out of commission right now but my wife and I are safe. I will say, the initial impact hurt like hell when the shockwave came back through us. Took our breath away. SuperATVs bumper took that like a champ and in my opinion, saved my wife and I from serious injury or worse. FYI, I’m not on their payroll or getting any kickbacks lol, just wanted to share my experience if anyone was thinking about getting that bumper or not. I do not believe the stock bumper would have held up as good.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Teryx4 LE
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did the bear do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Went to look for him because I wasn’t going to let him suffer on the side of the road but he was gone. And I wasn’t going to chase him into the Forrest at night lol.

·
Registered
2017 Teryx4
298 Posts
I worry about hitting a Whitetail Deer here. I gave up street bikes years ago because of them. Glad to hear you and your wife are fine.:)

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
299 Posts
I worry about hitting a Whitetail Deer here. I gave up street bikes years ago because of them. Glad to hear you and your wife are fine.:)
I hit one on my Honda XR650 a number of years back... I was only going about 35 but it still hurt, lol. I was wearing all kevlar and a helmet so there was no loss of skin, but a busted collar bone and some ribs were enough to make me a little gun shy when riding at night after that! I ended up selling the bike a year later and now I'm enjoying the roll cage life :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Haywire

·
Registered
2019 Teryx4 LE
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hit one on my Honda XR650 a number of years back... I was only going about 35 but it still hurt, lol. I was wearing all kevlar and a helmet so there was no loss of skin, but a busted collar bone and some ribs were enough to make me a little gun shy when riding at night after that! I ended up selling the bike a year later and now I'm enjoying the roll cage life :ROFLMAO:
I wrapped a deer around the front of my Harley back in 2015 30 days after I bought it. Damn deer slipped down front the fairing and then I dragged it for about 50 yards. I was taking it back to the dealership the next day for the 1000 mile service but instead had it towed down there to be fixed. Luckily I rode through it and didn’t go down. I tell everyone it’s because I’m badass on a bike lol but those road glides are awesome.

Reactions: huntertim214

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,444 Posts
I have the same bumper on my ride and also ride where black bears occasionally roam. That bumper is beast! I put mine on mainly for knuckle-heads flying around corners too fast! Let them go over the edge. VirginiaHawk stands his ground! :cool:

·
Registered
2021 Teryx 4 le satv winch rocky mt atv rear window flip up wind shield pod lights light bar
11 Posts
So I have done quite a bit of work to Crandizzlers side x side. Before he hit the bear ( lol). Let me say I believe that bumper saves lives. I was very impressed with the SuperAtv bumper. I am now saving my money to buy the same bumper for my teryx. I am not being paid by super ATV for my opinion. I know the Super ATV bumper saved there lives we have big bears up here. I was very impressed. Crazy thing his side x side still started and went into gear. His Super Atv a-arms were not damaged and his SuperATV two inch lift was ok also. His Super Atv winch also made it. They make good stuff. I am a fan of there products and own several of them. Now I need a bumper. Thanks Super Atv for saving Crandizzlers life.

·
Vendor
946 Posts
So I have done quite a bit of work to Crandizzlers side x side. Before he hit the bear ( lol). Let me say I believe that bumper saves lives. I was very impressed with the SuperAtv bumper. I am now saving my money to buy the same bumper for my teryx. I am not being paid by super ATV for my opinion. I know the Super ATV bumper saved there lives we have big bears up here. I was very impressed. Crazy thing his side x side still started and went into gear. His Super Atv a-arms were not damaged and his SuperATV two inch lift was ok also. His Super Atv winch also made it. They make good stuff. I am a fan of there products and own several of them. Now I need a bumper. Thanks Super Atv for saving Crandizzlers life.
Hell yeah buddy! Thanks for the kind words. We're really happy nobody was hurt. And...I gotta say I'm awfully proud to see Crandizzler and that bumper take on a bear, and win! Lol! Stories like that make you realize how quickly things can go south out in the woods in these machines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts