Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Teryx 4 SLE
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says. What do you guys prefer? Do you prefer the super ATV flip windshield or the RYfab glass folding windshield? I’ve narrowed it down between these two and was wanting to get some opinions. My only concern with the RY fab glass folding windshield would be the heat from lack of airflow. Any thoughts?

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
362 Posts
I don't have any experience with the RYFab windshield, but I can tell you that I really like my SATV flip up. I really like having the ability to vent or open it while I'm driving. The RYFab unit looks to be well designed, but kind of a pain in the ass because after the purchase you would then have to find a local glass shop to cut a piece of safety glass to fit the frame - and I'm sure that is not cheap either. I know that some people have had good luck with the Tusk fold down glass windshield too, as another option for glass.

Reactions: snik09

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I see the Ryfab doesn't come with glass and requires a local glass shop to cut out a piece. Anybody know what cost is associated with that? I have a SuperATV flip up and pretty happy with it. The option to quickly and easily go from full close, vented, and full open while driving is a nice option.........on a slow trail open up the windshield and then when you jump out on the road you just reach over and pull it closed. On the Ryfab that folds down I would think that would require you to stop and get out of the machine to open or close. However if you want a fully sealed windshield and maybe a wiper than the SuperATV is not for you.

·
Registered
2021 Teryx 4 SLE
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have any experience with the RYFab windshield, but I can tell you that I really like my SATV flip up. I really like having the ability to vent or open it while I'm driving. The RYFab unit looks to be well designed, but kind of a pain in the ass because after the purchase you would then have to find a local glass shop to cut a piece of safety glass to fit the frame - and I'm sure that is not cheap either. I know that some people have had good luck with the Tusk fold down glass windshield too, as another option for glass.
I was also looking at the Tusk. Thanks for the response

·
Registered
2021 Teryx 4 SLE
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see the Ryfab doesn't come with glass and requires a local glass shop to cut out a piece. Anybody know what cost is associated with that? I have a SuperATV flip up and pretty happy with it. The option to quickly and easily go from full close, vented, and full open while driving is a nice option.........on a slow trail open up the windshield and then when you jump out on the road you just reach over and pull it closed. On the Ryfab that folds down I would think that would require you to stop and get out of the machine to open or close. However if you want a fully sealed windshield and maybe a wiper than the SuperATV is not for you.
How scratch resistant are the SATV?

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
362 Posts
How scratch resistant are the SATV?
For a poly windshield they hold up really well, but you do have to be careful with cleaning and brush busting in the woods. You need to use the proper cleaners (no ammonia) and don't wipe it down if there is mud or sand on it, etc. I carry a small 2 gallon hand sprayer with water to wash it off on the trail. I was an idiot and put a big scratch on mine on the first trip I had it, but it was 100% my fault. I was at a gas station and sprayed it down with my water, but then grabbed the squeegee by the gas pump to dry it off... not realizing that the damn thing was missing the rubber strip, so I started to pull it across the windshield and put a scratch right in the middle of the drivers side. :mad: I actually talked to SATV and they told me that they will sell me a replacement windshield piece, without all of the hardware and mounting clamps, which is great. I haven't ordered one yet because it doesn't bother all that much when I'm driving, but it's great to know that option is there.

Reactions: snik09

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a Ryfab glass windshield and love it. Its very solid and provides that security feeling like a car/truck does. It does fair on the venting just the bottom 3 or so inches folds up. It offers some ventilation but without windows there's plenty of ventilation. It does seem like there is more dust though with a windshield (vents open) than without one. I have ridden in several other SxS with plastic windshields I definitely prefer a glass windshield. It doesn't scratch or crack like plastic ones can. Not having the glass when I bought it was not a big deal and I understand why it would be expensive and difficult to ship with the glass in and package it to keep it from breaking, would be very difficult. We took the frame to a local glass shop and they installed an automotive glass coat around $120. Make sure you get an automotive/tempered glass to keep you safe. The Ryfab windshield is very well made high quality, you get what you pay for on this one. It's expensive but I should only have to buy once.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
As the title says. What do you guys prefer? Do you prefer the super ATV flip windshield or the RYfab glass folding windshield? I’ve narrowed it down between these two and was wanting to get some opinions. My only concern with the RY fab glass folding windshield would be the heat from lack of airflow. Any thoughts?
[/QUOTE

Tusk full glass windshield with wiper.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts