Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my 2020 Teryx4 LE with SuperATV’s long travel kit installed on 30‘s vs my 2014 Teryx4 LE with 2” lift on 28’s.
Just static shots, I’ll get some action shots next week.

Attachments

· Registered
11 Posts
Any chance you could measure how tall it is overall on the 30’s? Mines set up like the orange one and I’m eyeing that new kit but I have to checks some garage and toy hauler clearances before I pull the trigger.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem Redbeard.
So to the tallest part of the plastic roof it’s 81.5 inches. My 30’s are pretty worn so to the top of the tire it’s 28.5 at 9psi. Preload is right at 9 3/4 inches front and back.
That should give you an idea of where you would sit after you compare numbers.

I’m going to take them both out tomorrow and get some video of the differences between the two.

· Registered
11 Posts
No problem Redbeard.
So to the tallest part of the plastic roof it’s 81.5 inches. My 30’s are pretty worn so to the top of the tire it’s 28.5 at 9psi. Preload is right at 9 3/4 inches front and back.
That should give you an idea of where you would sit after you compare numbers.

I’m going to take them both out tomorrow and get some video of the differences between the two.
Perfect thank you.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some more photos. The stock shocks really limit this kit. I’m waiting on my Hestor Elka to arrive tomorrow. If everything goes as planned I’ll get out Friday and take the same photos with the new Elka’s.

Attachments

· Registered
73 Posts
Nice bumper, looks like mine LOL (y)

Does anyone know if there are front arms available that are the same width as the stock teryx S model, but more forward? I want to move the tires forward an inch or so but not wider. Just want to use the stock axles and shocks. Is this an option from anyone?

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice bumper, looks like mine LOL (y)

It should look like yours, that’s where I got the idea🤣🤣
I was trying to find where I saw it so I could give credit to you, but yeah it looks so much better with the bumper chopped.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 🙌

Does anyone know if there are front arms available that are the same width as the stock teryx S model, but more forward? I want to move the tires forward an inch or so but not wider. Just want to use the stock axles and shocks. Is this an option from anyone?

· Registered
73 Posts
haha, yep, I agree it looks way better chopped off like that! Love that super atv kit on yours too, but since I started with an S I am happy with the rear arms... I just need the fronts to be pushed forward a hair. I hate that Kawasaki didn't just move them forward from the factory an inch or so!

· Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
643 Posts
Here are some more photos. The stock shocks really limit this kit. I’m waiting on my Hestor Elka to arrive tomorrow. If everything goes as planned I’ll get out Friday and take the same photos with the new Elka’s.
I love the new stance with this, but it's a bummer to see how much the stock shocks limit the articulation of this kit... adding the aftermarket shocks on top of the LT kit make it even further out of my range - at least without getting a divorce :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I love the new stance with this, but it's a bummer to see how much the stock shocks limit the articulation of this kit... adding the aftermarket shocks on top of the LT kit make it even further out of my range - at least without getting a divorce :ROFLMAO:
To tell you the truth, it would have been cheaper to do the mid-travel through Hester Motorsports. Had I saw the video he put up a few weeks ago before I bought and installed the long travel, I would have gone that way. However after I get my Elka’s from him and try them out I may have a different take on things. They are supposed to be delivered tonight so if I get them on I will try them out tomorrow.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hester Elka shocks are on!!!
Compare the above pictures with these, same rock. The difference is amazing. The first set of picts with the stock shocks I could only keep three tires on the ground. With the Elka’s I never lost contact with the ground.

Attachments

· Registered
110 Posts
That’s great, does it feel more stable with the new shocks on the road with the sway bar unhooked or will you hook it back up for road / higher speed driving? I’m debating on doing some sort of quick disconnect for my S model

1 - 20 of 26 Posts