Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Feels fine on the road. I did 65 miles of trails yesterday and at the midway point jumped onto the highway and drove down about 4 miles to a diner for milkshake. I didn’t notice any difference without the swaybar and it won’t ever go back on.

By the way CD3 I liked your post “First snow ride in spring”, it was 96 degrees in Arizona yesterday!!

· Aug 2020 TOTM Winner
157 Posts
Love how it turned out! It looks like you gained so much more travel with those new Elka's.

...if you're looking to retire your OE Fox podiums, Hawaii is a great place to send them to live out their lives taking it easy in paradise. I may be able to find a nice home under a very clean 2012 where they'd be very comfortable. :) PM me if you're thinking about selling them!

· Registered
1,431 Posts
I know this is a little older thread but searching out some info on the SuperATV long travel kit and hoping the original poster will see this.
  • Are the Hester Elka's you installed longer than the OEM shocks? I currently have longer Bandits and the prospect of being able to re-use those shocks versus buying new is attractive.
  • Do you know how much the front and rear arms are offset? Since it allows 30's I'm guessing they are offset a bit.
  • Big obstacle is I have a '15 and SuperATV lists this as only fitting '16-up....so this all may be a moot point anyway. Always wonder is the 6" lift kit, which is also 3" wider than stock, would work????

Overall, do you think it's worth it for the current $2,500+ the kit cost (assuming I can re-use my Bandit shocks)?

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The Elkas are longer, and I could give you measurements after the holiday as I'm not home. The offset in the rear is not very much as I would like. I'm running 31" Tusk Terra bites and I rub the tube frame just behind the rear door flying down a road with big whoops, but man is it smooth! I would honestly look at the Hester videos of his mid travel set ups. I think it would have came out a little cheaper with the same results. Being that you already have longer Bandits you could get off pretty cheap compared to the full long travel set up. Cheers

Buy the way all the pictures are with my old worn 30 tires. I'll post some new photos when I return.

· Registered
1,431 Posts
I got a little information from SuperATV on the kits.
  • The 6" lift axles are longer than the long travel kit axles. Both advertise a 3" increased width per side, but would assume the increased length of the 6" lift kit axles is required because of the geometry (increased angle) of the kit and still achieve the 3" wider stance with the lift. This also takes away the thought of being able to use the 6" lift axles in the long travel kit.
  • They say the long travel kit is 1.5" offset

21 - 26 of 26 Posts