Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered bandit shocks and have grown interested in 2” lifts. Could anyone elaborate on the pros and cons between the superatv type vs highlifter bracket type and the brute performance type lift 2” lift. The brute performance is out of stock and appears to be out of stock anyways.
The difference appears to be that the highlifter (and other bracket lifts) mount on the lower control arm while the superatv changes the upper shock mount. So is there a difference in shock geometry? Which type lift in combination with the bandit shocks and wheel spacers would provide the smoothest ride package. Is the increased cost of the superatv lift justified?
Thanks in advance, I have been browsing online for a few days but havent yet found a direct answer to this.

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021 TOTM Winner
2020 Teryx4 LE
646 Posts
I went with a perfex lift. As far as I know it's pretty similar to the brute and highlifter kits. It's just brackets that relocate the lower shock mounts. One of the pro's of this kind of lift is you can run stock wheels. I needed my machine to stay narrow cause I hauled it in the back of my truck.

The con is you gotta drill a hole in the control arms(at least with the kit I used). I didn't really care. It was quick, cheap and works.

I have a relative that bought the superatv lift after seeing what a difference a 2" lift in mine made. I believe he went with the superatv kit cause he didn't want to drill holes.
But this kit moves the upper rear mounts outboard so now the back wheels hit the shocks. So you either use 1 1/2" wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels. It mentions this under the "fitment" menu on their website but obviously not everyone notices that.

I don't know which kit gives a better ride. If you're planning to use aftermarket shocks then I wouldn't bother with the lift kit as shocks can provide a lift on their own and sometimes can't be used with a bracket lift.

I don't want wheel spacers and offset wheels on mine, I prefer to stay narrow cause we ride lots of tight trails that I already barely fit through. If I were any wider I'd spend more time cutting trees than driving.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with a perfex lift. As far as I know it's pretty similar to the brute and highlifter kits. It's just brackets that relocate the lower shock mounts. One of the pro's of this kind of lift is you can run stock wheels. I needed my machine to stay narrow cause I hauled it in the back of my truck.

The con is you gotta drill a hole in the control arms(at least with the kit I used). I didn't really care. It was quick, cheap and works.

I have a relative that bought the superatv lift after seeing what a difference a 2" lift in mine made. I believe he went with the superatv kit cause he didn't want to drill holes.
But this kit moves the upper rear mounts outboard so now the back wheels hit the shocks. So you either use 1 1/2" wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels. It mentions this under the "fitment" menu on their website but obviously not everyone notices that.

I don't know which kit gives a better ride. If you're planning to use aftermarket shocks then I wouldn't bother with the lift kit as shocks can provide a lift on their own and sometimes can't be used with a bracket lift.

I don't want wheel spacers and offset wheels on mine, I prefer to stay narrow cause we ride lots of tight trails that I already barely fit through. If I were any wider I'd spend more time cutting trees than driving.
Thx

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
It is not recommend to use a lift kit in conjunction with just about any aftermarket shocks that are longer. The shocks themselves provide around 2" of lift. I had the Highlifter bracket lift on mine (brackets at the control arms) prior to installing Bandit shocks. Just out of curiosity I tried to trial fit the Bandits with the brackets. I could not get the shock bolted in as the suspension was fully drooped down (i.e. axles and/or tierods were bound up) but the shock holes were still not far enough down. You would of had to compress the springs on the shocks to make it fit, and of course if you got them bolted on you would bind up the suspension whenever it drooped out and likely broke something. With the brackets removed the Bandits are just the right length that when fully extended the suspension/axles/tierods are not bound up yet.
Back to the lift kits, I prefer the style that bolts to the control arms (Highlifter, Perfex, Brute Performance). The SuperATV version drastically changes the shock geometry by standing them straight up which would have to make it ride harsher. No personal experience on the SuperATV Teryx lift but installed one on a friend's General that is the same concept and it definitely make it ride harsher.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is not recommend to use a lift kit in conjunction with just about any aftermarket shocks that are longer. The shocks themselves provide around 2" of lift. I had the Highlifter bracket lift on mine (brackets at the control arms) prior to installing Bandit shocks. Just out of curiosity I tried to trial fit the Bandits with the brackets. I could not get the shock bolted in as the suspension was fully drooped down (i.e. axles and/or tierods were bound up) but the shock holes were still not far enough down. You would of had to compress the springs on the shocks to make it fit, and of course if you got them bolted on you would bind up the suspension whenever it drooped out and likely broke something. With the brackets removed the Bandits are just the right length that when fully extended the suspension/axles/tierods are not bound up yet.
Back to the lift kits, I prefer the style that bolts to the control arms (Highlifter, Perfex, Brute Performance). The SuperATV version drastically changes the shock geometry by standing them straight up which would have to make it ride harsher. No personal experience on the SuperATV Teryx lift but installed one on a friend's General that is the same concept and it definitely make it ride harsher.
Th

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx. The bandit shocks I ordered were the OEM length gen 4 variety. They are out of stock of the longer gen 5 variety (and I didnt even realize they were longer till after I pulled the trigger). So, I can still lift it safely with a bracket lift for about the same cost. Did u find it necessary with the longer shocks to install wheel spacers to get the geometry stable?
Thx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx. At this point the lift might need to wait. Works slowing down for the winter, im thinking the shock upgrade should make me happy till spring

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
If they are stock length than you can use the lift kit.....even states that on the Bandit website. I would still suggest the type of lift that has brackets on the a-arm side.

I also strongly recommending getting the longer version....any chance you could call Bandit and switch the order?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If they are stock length than you can use the lift kit.....even states that on the Bandit website. I would still suggest the type of lift that has brackets on the a-arm side.

I also strongly recommending getting the longer version....any chance you could call Bandit and switch the order?
They denied me on the exchange. No biggie, Maybe next spring I’ll put a 2” bracket lift on it and maybe some wheel spacers. I should have done a better job researching it but im still excited for the new shocks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
They denied me on the exchange. No biggie, Maybe next spring I’ll put a 2” bracket lift on it and maybe some wheel spacers. I should have done a better job researching it but im still excited for the new shocks.

I have the bandits with superatv offset arched arms wheel spacers and 30 in tires. LOVE the shocks!!! BEST mod ever!!!! You will not be disapointed. Probably would not do the tires again as it took power away. Only if you are trying to get more clearance would I bother with a lift. Spacers a must if you raise it to help with the center of gravity not matter what lift you go with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts