Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will use my new Tyrex 4 le mainly in Phoenix area desert , thinking of buying superatv flip windshield for it. what are pros and cons. is it worh the $450 price?

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
No cons here. All pros. I love the windshield how you can crack it open or all the way open or fully shut. Also doesn’t scratch easy either. I think it’s worth the money. If I messed it up I would definitely buy another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
953 Posts
I've been happy with mine. It is really nice to be able to go from full close, partially open, and full open by just reaching over and grabbing the handle. I did this quite a bit this last weekend as we went from 40-50 mph gravel roads to low speed trail riding with it being 80 degrees out and periodic rain. Even at higher temps it's nice not dealing with 50 mph wind in your face, and especially if it was raining lightly, and then nice to flip it all the way open when going slow to keep cooler.

The only concern is you need to keep an eye on it when fully open and running tight wooded trails as you catch the edge on a tree or large branch, or a larger branch could grab it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Windshield

I would highly recommend the 'vented' Ryfab windshield. It ships as a kit, takes maybe 15 min to assemble and then take it to a glass shop for the glass. You might spend an additional $100 vs. everyone else, but it will last forever, wont scratch and provides plenty of ventilation even as slow as 5-7 mph. Everyone that sees mine wishes they would have done the same thing.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
W/S

How about some pictures and where to purchase. I like the idea of glass which is what I have only its a full W/S. I found the best tire carrier that also has a cargo carrier all in one.

Attachments

·
July 2020 TOTM Winner
67 Posts
How about some pictures and where to purchase. I like the idea of glass which is what I have only its a full W/S. I found the best tire carrier that also has a cargo carrier all in one.

Where did you find this basket/spare tire set up????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is the Ryfab vented windshield, yesterday here in Montana we rode at 10,000ft all day and had rain, hail, snow, wind, thunderstorms and temps from 80 degrees down to 29 at treeline...a typical day really and everyone stayed dry and warm. Can’t say enough good things about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my SuperATV windshield. Only cons, and they are minor, is it would be great to have an extra brace along the top of the bottom section to reduce flexing, as well as a brace along the bottom of the top section to keep the outside edges tight when it is closed. I plan on fabing and installing some braces once I get the time and materials lined up. Guess I'll have to take some pics and document the changes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi SuperATV vendor, can you reply with the discount code for your windshields? One concern I have is whether or not the windshield will mount properly due to the Seizmik side mirrors I have on my machine. Thanks, Shawn.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hit me up for the forum discount code if you're ready to pull the trigger! :grin
I have been researching windshields for my T4. I saw where you said there is a discount code. Could you provide that please? I think I am going to order the flip windhshield before our upcoming ride. I do not have enought posts to send you a PM

1 - 19 of 19 Posts