Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had experience with their switch being reversed on their Superwinch brand winches? I googled and found that some LT4500s had an error in their instructions causing the switch to work in reverse (out is in, in is out). My 4000 is behaving that way. Had I spooled the rope in the direction of the switch, I would have ended up with the line coming up over the top of the spool and not feeding out from the bottom, and the instructions clearly state that the rope must feed from the bottom.

I clocked the motor to clear the post for the positive wire, but I don't see how that would affect motor direction.

Here is what I found when googling:
https://www.etrailer.com/question-250889.html
etrailer says the fix is putting the green wire on the right solenoid terminal, and the black wire on the left solenoid terminal. If I tried switching these wires, is there any potential to damaging the solenoid or winch?

Forgive my question, as I have little experience in electrical wiring. A friend who owns a car audio shop had one of his installers wire the winch up for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm no expert either but I don't think it will hurt anything. You are just switching the way the circuit opens and closes with the switch so reversing the wires just allows the switch to match the wiring change.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm no expert either but I don't think it will hurt anything. You are just switching the way the circuit opens and closes with the switch so reversing the wires just allows the switch to match the wiring change.
This was my thought as well. I went ahead and switched the switch wires on the solenoid and presto! remote works exactly as it should.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A 12 volt motor will spin either way when you swap polarity. You are not going to hurt anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts