Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone, I'm looking to install a new audio system into my 2012 T4.
Sub = Kicker -SKM 10" Single Sealed Marine Sub
Speakers = 2 Boss Marine 4 Way Wake Tower Speaker System
Amp = Pyle Marine Amplifier -1200 W PMPO

Before I order will I drain my battery too fast with this Amp? I dont know how many amps my stater is putting out.. Or how many amps this amplifier is pulling..Should I step down to a smaller amp?

Thank you in advance for your help..

·
Registered
722 Posts
The way I see is you have 15 A available through cigarette lighter outputs So by the book Kawasaki is engineered it so you can add up to 15 amps . If that amp is truly 1200 Watts Then using ohms law and calculating the amperage draw That amp should take almost 100 A to run . That would be extremely more than what your ride can handle. What size fuse is in the amp. Most apps overrate their power output as a sales gimmick. You can regulate the power consumption by using a fuse and anytime you go over the fuse rating it will simply blow

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the Amp..

I'm not sure what fuze it has. Can you tell by this info?

Powerbass Class D 1280 watt - 80x4 4ohm RMS 4 channel amplifier

Channel Digital Mini Amplifier (80 x 2 RMS, 1280 Watt Max) Features •FRD Full Range Class-D Design •High Damping Control Circuit •High Efficiency SMD Circuit Technology •Temperature Controlled Output Current Limiting Protection •Ultra Low Current Draw With More Than A 85% Efficiency Rating •Blue LED Logo, Power And Speaker Terminal Lighting Channels: 4 4-ohm Power: 80 watts x 4 2-ohm Power: 160 watts x 4 4-ohm Mono Power: 320 watts x 2 Peak Power: 1280 watts Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.02 % Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 30,000 Hz S/N Ratio: >90 dB Damping Factor: >200 Input Sensitivity: 0.5 V - 6.0 V Crossover Slope: 12 dB High-Pass Crossover Freq: 80 Hz - 350 Hz Low-Pass Crossover Freq: 25 Hz - 250 Hz Variable Subwoofer EQ: 0 - 18 dB Subwoofer EQ Frequency: 45 Hz Dimensions (in Inches): 10.3" x 7.1" x 2.0"

·
Jose Sanabria
421 Posts
Just make sure you do NOT bridge the amp and stay with the impedance of 4 ohm circuit. Once you bridge it or go below 4 ohms the amp will be draining the battery really fast...

The stock battery is not going to handle the power consumption of this amp.
You need to add a second battery for added electronics to be safe...

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
So that amp is also not doing 1200 watts. The 80x4 would be 320 that 1200 is at it's best moment during a peak burst the best moment it will ever have. Sorry I'm not trying to knock the amp all I'm saying is you can't use the 1200 watts to do your calculation.. I would see if there is a manufactures sheet that can show the amp draw at the at different levels.

The manual will show the max amp draw.... Go to the Pyle web site. I don't see that model number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts