Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell if they made intake changes or otherwise remedied the problem in the newer model??

·
Registered
6 Posts
They have a recall for the 14's so they know there is/was a problem.

Sent from the back woods of vt via patchy Internet
Live free and ride hard

·
Registered
81 Posts
Its a recommended service that will be covered under warranty. You can search your vin on the kawasaki website or wait for your letter in the mail

·
Registered
20 Posts
I called my dealer to day he said my T4 falls under the recall. they will change the belt and drive sheave. On the other hand I called KAW and talked to a tech rep and told him I thought it was crap I would be out 50 bucks taking the T4 in for a recall for a part they should have engineered correctly in the first place. he took my address and said they felt the same way. WOW!!!! now that's a good company! You admit you have a problem,you are going to pay for it and give me a KAW gift card for my gas money. I am sold on Kawasaki service.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Twinstick you are a lucky guy. I hope the back all yall with the recall issue. Good luck guys. Ain't no other company going to help you like that. Hats off to kawi....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm assuming they have fixed the problem since I tried to buy a 2014 about 3 weeks ago and was told they couldn't sell any of their inventory until they got the recall parts to fix them.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
If you bought a new unit after the recall date, it should have been manufactured or delivered fixed. No unit should have been delivered defective after that date.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
From what I have read, you will still need to snorkel the CVT intake to out from under the hump and up into behind the dash where your engine intake is. As far as the clutch, I would bet the 2015 has the new primary and belt.

·
Vendor
1,121 Posts
all of these have been recalled. they can't even sell you one without the FDM recall clutch, there also was another for the floorboards

no worries at all, the 15's are all corrected. and what 14's were left at the dealers, they got all the clutches replaced already.

What these really need done is to be properly vented to the CVT. This done correctly will eliminate the 200* heat from entering the cool side of the intake from the rear head and exhaust pipe. You can't cool a 200* clutch with 175-225* air coming in.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It seems the 2012-2013 models had very few clutch and belt issues.....did they go the wrong direction with design changes?

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
They came with a CVT intake snorkel that drew air from under the dash where you have to snorkel the 2014's from. Not sure why they moved the CVT intake to under the center console on the 2014's and designed the most funky looking CVT intake ever, but they did. PVC and one rubber fitting is all you need to get it back into fresh air and cool it way down as well as cut down on dust going into it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I believe it was a cost saving measure. They went from two plastic molded pieces, two couplings, one drain valve, and five clamps to one plastic molded part, one coupling, and two clamps. Another option would be the 2013 CVT intake ducting which works fine on a 2014 and runs about $70.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
In my struggles to understand the redesign I imagined a crazy theory....they eliminated the previous design's blower that introduced air into the engine compartment and cooled temperatures because the blowers where burning up and/or shorting out, then decided to use the CVT intake to "pull" hot air out of the engine bay and out the CVT exhaust to replace the blower and therefore introduce a new problem. Maybe a stretch but can't find a logical reason.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts