Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the warranty update done on my 2014 teryx 4 to reinforce the front floorboards and am a bit disappointed in the design. They kind of look like an afterthought (which they were) they also take up a lot of tire space in there. I had 30" bighorns on pilot wheel on my machine with zero front rub and now I can barely turn my tires before they catch the new floorboards. I wish I had never gotten the update/warranty work done, now I probably have to buy the forward a-arms just to run the tires that my machine was easily clearing before. Also looks like there are lots of places for mud to get behind and hide in, I would take the chance on a broken floorboard I think if i knew what I know now. Just a heads up for others that have the letter sittin there from kawi to get this done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
There's another post about these. I agree I've yet to get any of the warranty fixes done. And I don't plan on it!

13' T4 2"HL, 28" HTR's/MSA Loks,
Viper 4K front/rear, 30" torton light
72" Denali plow

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was going to get my floorboards done this weekend.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I am going to grab a Zip disk and see if I can clearance these enough for my tires to clear. I don't think I want the arched forward a arms if I don't need them. I was in love with the 30" og bighorns on my machine with no rub and having the tight factory turning radius. I have read that after people install the a arms that they have a much wider turning radius, which would not work well for me in the tight trails I ride.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have the arched arms and had the turning radius problem also, I got rid of the steering stops that come with the kit. Yes you can feel the steering bind when you crank it all the way, but honestly as long as your not full throttle while doing it, its not a problem. I'm never in a position where I'm full turn and hard on the throttle. Even doing donuts, I don't have the steering wheel turned that far over.
One side benefit of the arms, they push the wheels forward enough that they are the first thing to make contact. You can literally drive up a wall, where before the bumper would hit first.

Reactions: dashal02

·
Registered
20 Posts
just saw you got recall done, ive got 30 inch big horns maxxis on mine and dealer cut bottom plates so i would not get rubbing, still rubs if wheel cut hard only, besides that very happy so far just thought id give my 5 cents worth lol if it helps

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is good to hear, I haven't really looked at it a whole bunch yet as it is winter right now. I will be seeing what I can do to make it work without the a arms for sure. I just love this machine exactly the way it is with the decent turn radius and the bighorns on it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
There are well documented tire clearance issues with the popular JBS floor guards also, so not like this is a unique issue with just the Kawasaki version.

·
Registered
974 Posts
From what i've heard, the JBS stick out further than the recall guards.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Obviously rubbing depends on the size tire your running

·
Administrator
4,008 Posts
I have JBS floor guards on my 2015 trex 2 seater and they are bad ass and don't rub

I have 26 tires

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I agree, they are the best protection available. Worth every penny. I'm running 27s. That's the max you can go.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The 2016's come with 27's and have the guards on them from the factory. They are the same guards that they are using for the recall.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The 2016's come with 27's and have the guards on them from the factory. They are the same guards that they are using for the recall.
Doesn't help those who run 30" tires....
My 2012 ran 30's no problem... now I have a 2015 and I'm rubbing all over the place.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Doesn't help those who run 30" tires....
My 2012 ran 30's no problem... now I have a 2015 and I'm rubbing all over the place.
None of These run 30's without modifications.

·
Registered
169 Posts
None of These run 30's without modifications.
Wasn't saying that there wasn't any mods....I assumed ;people would know that I at least had the 2" lift to fit 30's. My 2012 had a 2" highlifter lift and ran 30's with no other mods. My 2015 won't run them with the highlifter kit on it. Even after I adjusted the ride height in the front. Just so I'm clear.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea my 2014 was clearing my 30 og bighorns completely stock with just the nub pushed in on the driver side. Wish I just left my bike as it was and didn't have the protectors installed. I thought that they were installing something under the bottom where the floorboards are open. I shouldn't have assumed. Almost all other side by sides have plastic wheel wells in The front with no issues.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts