Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yea my 2014 was clearing my 30 og bighorns completely stock with just the nub pushed in on the driver side. Wish I just left my bike as it was and didn't have the protectors installed. I thought that they were installing something under the bottom where the floorboards are open. I shouldn't have assumed. Almost all other side by sides have plastic wheel wells in The front with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has anyone removed these after the install?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I was taking a quick look at it today and I think I may remove mine. Looks like all I would need to do is install some short rivets into the plastic original floorboards to cover up some holes. They drilled two holes in the round tube of the frame which I am not too happy about but I can weld those shut and paint over them if need be. I will see if I can make them fit my tires first, if not I will remove them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can someone post a pic of what they are talking about with the recall. I just bought a T4 and they said the recall has been done (and it certainly looks to me like there are metal plates added). If the recall is causing tire rub for some there must have been very little clearance before. I'm at work or else I'd just post mine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It looks like there is a ton of room until you turn your wheels all the way. Doesn't look like there is room for a 28 inch tire and on mine the stock 27 bighorn 2.0 only measures slightly over 26.

·
Registered
38 Posts
here is a picture of the guards on my 15 t4 I have 28's and no rub with Gorrilla stage one lift.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Hell... it looks like a Band-Aid...
I am taking my ride in tomorrow to get the Band-Aid guards installed. :(
But I will feel better when I am out riding now. It has been in the back of my mind every time I see a branch, stick, rock etc.. Of the photos others have posted of their injuries.

·
Registered
36 Posts
here is a picture of the guards on my 15 t4 I have 28's and no rub with Gorrilla stage one lift.
Mine definitely looks nothing like that. When I can manage to find a moment I'll have to take a picture and post what mine looks like, maybe the recall work has not been done like I was told it was.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Mine definitely looks nothing like that. When I can manage to find a moment I'll have to take a picture and post what mine looks like, maybe the recall work has not been done like I was told it was.
There has been two recalls on the floorboard skid guards. I just had the second recall done today. Here is what the passenger side looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have 28 ITP black water tires, Had to have the recall fix welded together. My tires kept pulling the bottom half of the metal out into my knobs.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts