Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started the rebuild on the front diff. The pinion bearing was way sloppy. It's not all that bad but it gets fun if u dont have the $500 worth of special tools they recommend.
So my question is more on the actuator. I have been checking function of the actuator (diff is not even in its place) and it will move back and forth between 2wd and 4wd but doesn't move any when you move the switch to diff lock.
The question is does the ecm know that the diff has not shown to go into 4wd because the sensor hasn't tripped and not moving any further till it gets that signal that 4wd has been achieved. I'm hoping that's the case. That means my actuator is still operating. I have read about when they malfunction it's usually either sticking in diff lock or rotating non stop. Or no movement at all
Anybody that has some knowledge about this let me know.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
The last time I had the actuator out (and pretty sure it was in 2wd previous to removing) and was moving the switch it would only move between 2wd and 4wd, however when it's installed it does go into diff lock. I'm not sure but would expect it's looking for feedback in the diff it engaged in 4wd before going to diff lock, and since the actuator is not installed and therefore not physically engaging 4wd in the diff than it won't go to difflock? A year or so ago it was stuck in diff lock and pulled the actuator to test it and was thinking it would to all 3 positions (2, 4, diff lock) but obviously the diff was physically in 4wd???

·
Vendor
12 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts