Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2021 Teryx4 LE S
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bent the frame on my '21 T4 S LE. Was out riding a trail I've ridden dozens of times and clipped a tree at low speed. Steering felt weird and I noticed an obviously toed out passenger front tire. After taking a closer look, I discovered the frame was bent and pushed in. The most obvious bend is at the weld where the upper arm mounts to the frame however other weld points had paint flaking as well. The brush guard was also pushed in 1.5" on the passenger side. I know I'm not the first to experience but thought I'd share. It is insured so waiting on the final word and then will have to start shopping. Frame supports will definitely be on the next machine.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

· Registered
2021 Teryx4 LE S
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The frames are advertised as being quite strong. Doesn't sound like it should have caved in on you as it did.
Many will be interested in this.
A quick search on the interwebs and this forum show that it's "the spot". Others have had this issue as well. Not sure if it's a case of just hitting at the wrong angle or what.

· Registered
60 Posts
Re reading the 1st post have a tire clip a tree, rock or log on a trail is part of passage of any SxS and more likely to occur than not. The frame should remain sound IMO. I don't know what others think but we don't ride pavement and climb curbs at the most. The front wheels are by far the most vulnerable to interacting with obstacles. I'll follow this.

· Registered
2021 Teryx4 LE S
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re reading the 1st post have a tire clip a tree, rock or log on a trail is part of passage of any SxS and more likely to occur than not. The frame should remain sound IMO. I don't know what others think but we don't ride pavement and climb curbs at the most. The front wheels are by far the most vulnerable to interacting with obstacles. I'll follow this.
I fully agree! I'm very surprised as well but not much I can do. Warranty won't cover it and I know I'm not the first to have this happen. I've seen at least 2 posts of newer models with bent frames from seemingly minor hits. Would be interesting to see how many have this issue. Other people have commented that they've noticed the frame is bent but not enough to care. I wasn't so lucky.

· Registered
60 Posts
Yep, that is definitely "the spot." I see it all the time. Sucks buddy. Sorry to hear this. A frame stiffener is always pretty high on my list of recommendations for any new machine.
What bolts are those. The steel frame is only as good as the weakest link. Hardware store white metal would sheer. Diameter and grade info would be useful. Are they using existing holes or drilling required to install.

· Vendor
1,057 Posts
What bolts are those. The steel frame is only as good as the weakest link. Hardware store white metal would sheer. Diameter and grade info would be useful. Are they using existing holes or drilling required to install.
No drilling or welding. Its all bolt-on in the existing tab and arm holes. Bolts are M12. Not positive on grade, but I'd guess 10.9, which is pretty standard with most of our stuff.

· Registered
60 Posts
It seems it should be a must have for any Teryx owner. Hitting or clipping trail obsticles happens and I don't mean plowing into a tree. I read that the skid if mounted needs removing. A mod with holes to re attach them after would be a plus and must have for many as well to keep foreign items from getting in the chassis or worst. I would be nice if someone could post a photo of their install to show how it looked and results of their fortification.

· Registered
4 Posts
Same thing happened to my 14 Teryx4 this summer. Bent the upper mount not the lower. Spent a few months trying to find a body shop to bend it back then ended up claiming it on my insurance. About a month later found out they can't get a new frame and totaled it. The frame stiffener will be ordered as soon as I buy another.

· Registered
83 Posts
I never heard of this before, is this a common problem? I have a 2020 Teryx 4 and everything on it is still original stuff except I replaced the factory skids with aluminum Ricchocet skids plus the A-arms. I'm kinda easy with my sxs when out riding with the family and I'm wondering if this is something I should consider getting, but will I need to take off any of my skids?

· Registered
60 Posts
I never heard of this before, is this a common problem? I have a 2020 Teryx 4 and everything on it is still original stuff except I replaced the factory skids with aluminum Ricchocet skids plus the A-arms. I'm kinda easy with my sxs when out riding with the family and I'm wondering if this is something I should consider getting, but will I need to take off any of my skids?
I would be knowing this now. You can hit or clip and obstacle anytime offroad.

I have ridden trails not new to me and still hit some unknow obstacle near the side of a rail bed trail. A big clump of grader deposited earth or small bolder, occasioinally a hidden deep hole. I have gone back to see what I have hit but never clear. I now drive closer to the center of the trail as a lot of those items are in shaded areas and not obvious. The impact felt like the right front wheel bottomed out the suspension on impact each time. Not bent etc but unnerving when it happens. It doesn't sound like the Teryx is supported enough for that as some other are like my older wolverine 700 handles.

SuperATV has then although knowone has posted a set installed which is what I'd like to see in advance. I am not certain the bolts through the frame without additional brackets are sufficient though. A wrap around or capping bracket should likely be required bolted in place. But just me and my thinking.

· Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
939 Posts
I would be knowing this now. You can hit or clip and obstacle anytime offroad.

I have ridden trails not new to me and still hit some unknow obstacle near the side of a rail bed trail. A big clump of grader deposited earth or small bolder, occasioinally a hidden deep hole. I have gone back to see what I have hit but never clear. I now drive closer to the center of the trail as a lot of those items are in shaded areas and not obvious. The impact felt like the right front wheel bottomed out the suspension on impact each time. Not bent etc but unnerving when it happens. It doesn't sound like the Teryx is supported enough for that as some other are like my older wolverine 700 handles.

SuperATV has then although knowone has posted a set installed which is what I'd like to see in advance. I am not certain the bolts through the frame without additional brackets are sufficient though. A wrap around or capping bracket should likely be required bolted in place. But just me and my thinking.
Maybe you should actually go buy a Teryx already. Shit or get off the pot?

· Registered
2021 Teryx4 LE S
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update.... insurance wrote it off. Found an exact replacement in my area with 2,000 fewer kms on it. I will be installing the frame supports at some point and will post a pic when installed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts