Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2021 Teryx4 LE S
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bent the frame on my '21 T4 S LE. Was out riding a trail I've ridden dozens of times and clipped a tree at low speed. Steering felt weird and I noticed an obviously toed out passenger front tire. After taking a closer look, I discovered the frame was bent and pushed in. The most obvious bend is at the weld where the upper arm mounts to the frame however other weld points had paint flaking as well. The brush guard was also pushed in 1.5" on the passenger side. I know I'm not the first to experience but thought I'd share. It is insured so waiting on the final word and then will have to start shopping. Frame supports will definitely be on the next machine.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

· Registered
2021 Teryx4 LE S
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The frames are advertised as being quite strong. Doesn't sound like it should have caved in on you as it did.
Many will be interested in this.
A quick search on the interwebs and this forum show that it's "the spot". Others have had this issue as well. Not sure if it's a case of just hitting at the wrong angle or what.

· Registered
2021 Teryx4 LE S
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re reading the 1st post have a tire clip a tree, rock or log on a trail is part of passage of any SxS and more likely to occur than not. The frame should remain sound IMO. I don't know what others think but we don't ride pavement and climb curbs at the most. The front wheels are by far the most vulnerable to interacting with obstacles. I'll follow this.
I fully agree! I'm very surprised as well but not much I can do. Warranty won't cover it and I know I'm not the first to have this happen. I've seen at least 2 posts of newer models with bent frames from seemingly minor hits. Would be interesting to see how many have this issue. Other people have commented that they've noticed the frame is bent but not enough to care. I wasn't so lucky.

· Registered
2021 Teryx4 LE S
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update.... insurance wrote it off. Found an exact replacement in my area with 2,000 fewer kms on it. I will be installing the frame supports at some point and will post a pic when installed.

· Registered
2021 Teryx4 LE S
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
SATV frame stiffener arrived today. I'll post pics after install. From what I can see, this won't interfere with my full skid plate. The website says it will but maybe the wording was just copied from the KRX write-up?

· Registered
2021 Teryx4 LE S
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Frame stiffeners went on tonight. Some take-aways:

*It does not interfere with a front skid plate.
*You have to jack the front end up enough to take the weight off of the wheels before removing the A-arm hardware (this isn't in the instructions).
*Be careful when removing the upper A-arm bolt as it will rub against the tie rod boot and possibly tear it (ask me how I know).
*The Warn 35 winch that came with my new machine would not bolt back on because the front gusset pushed it forward just enough that the holes wouldn't
line up right. It might work if you flip the plate around but that isn't how the instructions have it oriented. Luckily the Rough Country winch that came off of my old one fit.
*The fitment itself is fine and the supplied hardware is good.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Tread

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Tool Bicycle part Gas Metalworking hand tool

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts