Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Re reading the 1st post have a tire clip a tree, rock or log on a trail is part of passage of any SxS and more likely to occur than not. The frame should remain sound IMO. I don't know what others think but we don't ride pavement and climb curbs at the most. The front wheels are by far the most vulnerable to interacting with obstacles. I'll follow this.

· Registered
60 Posts
Yep, that is definitely "the spot." I see it all the time. Sucks buddy. Sorry to hear this. A frame stiffener is always pretty high on my list of recommendations for any new machine.
What bolts are those. The steel frame is only as good as the weakest link. Hardware store white metal would sheer. Diameter and grade info would be useful. Are they using existing holes or drilling required to install.

· Registered
60 Posts
It seems it should be a must have for any Teryx owner. Hitting or clipping trail obsticles happens and I don't mean plowing into a tree. I read that the skid if mounted needs removing. A mod with holes to re attach them after would be a plus and must have for many as well to keep foreign items from getting in the chassis or worst. I would be nice if someone could post a photo of their install to show how it looked and results of their fortification.

· Registered
60 Posts
I never heard of this before, is this a common problem? I have a 2020 Teryx 4 and everything on it is still original stuff except I replaced the factory skids with aluminum Ricchocet skids plus the A-arms. I'm kinda easy with my sxs when out riding with the family and I'm wondering if this is something I should consider getting, but will I need to take off any of my skids?
I would be knowing this now. You can hit or clip and obstacle anytime offroad.

I have ridden trails not new to me and still hit some unknow obstacle near the side of a rail bed trail. A big clump of grader deposited earth or small bolder, occasioinally a hidden deep hole. I have gone back to see what I have hit but never clear. I now drive closer to the center of the trail as a lot of those items are in shaded areas and not obvious. The impact felt like the right front wheel bottomed out the suspension on impact each time. Not bent etc but unnerving when it happens. It doesn't sound like the Teryx is supported enough for that as some other are like my older wolverine 700 handles.

SuperATV has then although knowone has posted a set installed which is what I'd like to see in advance. I am not certain the bolts through the frame without additional brackets are sufficient though. A wrap around or capping bracket should likely be required bolted in place. But just me and my thinking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts