Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many people would be interested in having their rack repaired so they could drive their machine until kawasaki comes out with a
repair. It would cost approx. $100.00 plus shipping to so cal. It would require you to remove your steering for the repair but would give you piece of mind to
drive your machine. Anyone interested?

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
The steer rack from my machine will be getting pulled out tomorrow and being shipped up for inspection and some new components. I'm fairly confident that since I have a couple hundred miles on it and it hasn't failed that it probably won't but just in case its going to get some new parts.

·
Jose Sanabria
421 Posts
I am sure a lot of guys here would rather to fix it now and not to wait for the warranty with a dusty toy in the garage. :icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The steer rack from my machine will be getting pulled out tomorrow and being shipped up for inspection and some new components. I'm fairly confident that since I have a couple hundred miles on it and it hasn't failed that it probably won't but just in case its going to get some new parts.
fuel -- pm sent

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Just curious how many people would be interested in having their rack repaired so they could drive their machine until kawasaki comes out with a
repair. It would cost approx. $100.00 plus shipping to so cal. It would require you to remove your steering for the repair but would give you piece of mind to
drive your machine. Anyone interested?
Not to be rude or ignorant, but who are you/ what company are you with and how did you come upon the knowledge as to what's wrong/what needs repairing? And what level of confidence can we have that the repair is proper and permanent?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not to be rude or ignorant, but who are you/ what company are you with and how did you come upon the knowledge as to what's wrong/what needs repairing? And what level of confidence can we have that the repair is proper and permanent?
Please sir, you are not being rude or ignorant. I am not with kawasaki or with any other companies affiliated with the t4. my business is HILINEMBZ.COM
and have just have been around multiple people who have t4's and stand behind kawasaki because I believe that it is the best 4 seater on the market
and would like all the t4 owners to feel the way that I do. It sucks that all of
us have to wait until kawi comes up with a repair. My friend at long travel
industries has seen the problem and came up with a repair. As with life there
are no garuantees but I will trust the repairs alot more than just to keep running it. What's your piece of mind worth and I sure as hell would rather be
driving mine than letting mine collecting dust. just my .02 cents:pint:

·
Eternal noobie...
64 Posts
Kawasaki will still have your machine VIN code listed as part of this safety recall.

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
Kawasaki will still have your machine VIN code listed as part of this safety recall.
That is correct.

The current repair that is being offered is NOT from Kawasaki and when Kawasaki releases their repair your steering rack will still be covered under the recall. This repair would however give you the piece of mind that it won't fail while out on the trail an miles from nowhere until the time that it is repaired under the recall.

·
Registered
50 Posts
For $100 yes I would be interested, but I'm in Canada. Customs and shipping will be onerous, especially because I have to use a broker because I'm deemed commercial. My T4 isn't broken yet but if I pull the rack apart myself will I be able to see what needs to be fixed? I'm still hoping to see pictures from someone of what is actually breaking so we can just pull it into our shop and fix it ourselves. We fix lots of machinery here, I'm sure we can handle this. Glad to hear it doesn't take long to fix once you have the rack. We had a trip planned for this weekend and would love to take the T4 (half the idea of going was to take the kids out riding!)

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
For $100 yes I would be interested, but I'm in Canada. Customs and shipping will be onerous, especially because I have to use a broker because I'm deemed commercial. My T4 isn't broken yet but if I pull the rack apart myself will I be able to see what needs to be fixed? I'm still hoping to see pictures from someone of what is actually breaking so we can just pull it into our shop and fix it ourselves. We fix lots of machinery here, I'm sure we can handle this. Glad to hear it doesn't take long to fix once you have the rack. We had a trip planned for this weekend and would love to take the T4 (half the idea of going was to take the kids out riding!)
I'm not sure what exactly is involved with tearing down the rack for the repair but maybe see if you can get the parts from LTI and do it yourself. I don't know if he would interested in that or not. Check with customs but if you are just sending a part to be repaired and it is going to be sent right back I don't think you need to pay duties but you would proably still need to pay for brokerage fees if using a broker.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Again, I'm curious as to the level of difficulty in performing the repai myself. I have avaerage mechanical skills but not sure whats involved and are any special tools required? Will the replacement parts come with instructions or diagrams...

Oh and I'm curious if you make this temporary repair will it void your warranty in any way?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts