Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
What ever happened with this? I currently have a bad rack and would like repair details, I cant turn left and I believe the rack is to blame!

·
Registered
41 Posts
No I didn't have the recall done I do not have a warranty on my teryx it was bought as is, is there anyway I can get this done without a warranty? I just figured a heavy duty rack would fix my issues but I can't seem to find one, maybe just a replacement from 2014 teryx

·
Registered
30 Posts
so is there a recall? took my t4 in tonight for the floorboard protector recall.service manager did not say anything about it mine is a 2013 model.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Take or call a dealer with your Vin and see if its still on a opemn recall, I would think they would fix not questions asked to take their risk away.

If that does not work out, call LTI, they had a fix for racks before the recall came out, do expect quick service but they do good work.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Take or call a dealer with your Vin and see if its still on a opemn recall, I would think they would fix not questions asked to take their risk away.

If that does not work out, call LTI, they had a fix for racks before the recall came out, do expect quick service but they do good work.

I went to dealer they said that can't do it since it's not in my name yet, I'll prolly call lti. The dealer in my county isn't much help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Something in your story does not add up, Kawasaki wants all the steering racks affected off the market, they pulled all units from service and sent letters to all parties, so what you saying is not what Kawi is doing, so whats the whole story?
In your name or someone elses, they track it by Vin and all they care about is that the liability is removed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Teryx isn't in my name yet, the guy at the dealer said it had to be in my name. He wouldn't do it otherwise, simple as that. It's not Kawi it's my local dealer They're pricks. I didn't buy it there so he doesn't care.
I'm just gonna get one and put it in, I wanted an after market one but I can't seem to find any.

·
Registered
26 Posts
is he still doing the repairs? my broke for second time. took apart first time and had rack welded and remachined by a buddy now stripped again thanks jeff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious how many people would be interested in having their rack repaired so they could drive their machine until kawasaki comes out with a
repair. It would cost approx. $100.00 plus shipping to so cal. It would require you to remove your steering for the repair but would give you piece of mind to
drive your machine. Anyone interested?
I have a steering rack that needs to be replaced. I'm interested in a rebuild.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts