Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to make a custom box to hold 2 6x9 speakers, and use a jbl 60 x 2 amp to push them, will the stock electrical system work well for this set up?

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Jake,

You will probably get a lot of different answers on this. The charging system on the teryx is not the best. With that being said, I am running four 6 1/2 speakers, and a 10" sub being powered with a 1000 watt amp. The amp is digital so it pullls less current. I have had no problems with my setup. I can play it for 3-4 hours with the machine off before it kills the battery. So, in my opinion, as long as you do a digital amp, you will be fine!

Danny

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Danny. I don't think the amp is digital, but it is a lot smaller than what you are running so hopefully it will be fine

Jake

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
In my experience the T4 has a better charging system or my battery is a LOT better than all the rest of the T2's I have had. Even when running lights, stopping and turning off many times a day, winching etc. My T4 peaks out on the Genius charger in minutes after I get back from trips when my T2's all take a while longer.

That said, I think FUEL UTV is working on a 925 mount for the T4 like they did for the T2 and which I love in one of my T2's. Hopefully it will be out soon, although I am a lot more confident in my current setup than on some of the priors.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
In my experience the T4 has a better charging system or my battery is a LOT better than all the rest of the T2's I have had. Even when running lights, stopping and turning off many times a day, winching etc. My T4 peaks out on the Genius charger in minutes after I get back from trips when my T2's all take a while longer.

That said, I think Factory UTV is working on a 925 mount for the T4 like they did for the T2 and which I love in one of my T2's. Hopefully it will be out soon, although I am a lot more confident in my current setup than on some of the priors.
FUEL Utv?????

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
The odossy 925 fits fine , I put one in and used factory mount I put it in sideways and extended the bolts 1 in . I read several reviews on here about how much better it holds up with a wench and radio , as with most reviews they are right its just there are so many it makes my wish list longer by the week

·
Registered
235 Posts
I added a second battery under the drivers seat, the stereo is independent of the vehicle charging system. I used a electric scooter 12v, it lasts 8 hours of running. I just put it on a battery charger as needed. I used dual batteries and a voltage isolator on the last rig, never again. This separate battery is the way to go, IMO.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Jake,

You will probably get a lot of different answers on this. The charging system on the teryx is not the best. With that being said, I am running four 6 1/2 speakers, and a 10" sub being powered with a 1000 watt amp. The amp is digital so it pullls less current. I have had no problems with my setup. I can play it for 3-4 hours with the machine off before it kills the battery. So, in my opinion, as long as you do a digital amp, you will be fine!

Danny
What kind of amp do you have? What size fuses are in it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a bid in on eBay on a jbl 6002 marine amp 60 rms x 2, I don't really know what fuse is in it yet, I have already bought a pair of polk audio db691 6x9 speakers, I plan on making a custom box to go between roll cage to hold everything, I had thought about getting the 4 channel jbl amp and bridging it but I thought it might be to much

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im mentally challenged :nuts: and I have read every post about two battery setup and I still dont know how yall are running two batteries, do I take the lead from the stator and connect it to the middle of this isolator thing yall talk of?..and then go from there to both batteries? I want to run a big stereo system too and some lights.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Im mentally challenged :nuts: and I have read every post about two battery setup and I still dont know how yall are running two batteries, do I take the lead from the stator and connect it to the middle of this isolator thing yall talk of?..and then go from there to both batteries? I want to run a big stereo system too and some lights.
this is how LTI wired my T2....

Long Travel Industires. http://www.longtravelindustries.com/products/108-dual-battery-switch-kawasaki-yamaha-polaris-can-utv-controls-switches.aspx

click on the 2nd picture

1 - 14 of 14 Posts