Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new camo T4 about a month ago. I got my first mods completed today. I went with a gorilla stage one lift, Interco Interforce 30-10-12 tires, and STI xd2 wheels. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Looks great! Hows the ride on those tires? I'm also curious how tall they really measure. Seems like there's been a few tires coming up short on size.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes I would like to know the same I am looking at those same tires. Did you have to out spacers on front I was told by dealer I would have to if I went to the 30" tall tire.
Bike looks great I have same machine 12 model

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
That looks awesome, never seen those tires mounted yet but will probably see more of them after your pictures.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.. The tires do measure very close to true. When I looked at them, I was deciding between a set of 29.5 mudlites and the 30x10 interforces. I stood them up next to one another and the interforces were a full 1"+ taller. The ride is very smooth. I took it up and down a paved road after installing the lift to check the handling and even on concrete, I felt very little vibration from the tires.... even at low speeds. I am using no spacers. They do rub a little on the driver side at full bump steer. I think I will just cut and mod the floorboard rather than use spacers. I did have to heat up and push in the little nub sticking out on the drivers side to make it drivable.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Can't wait to hear how they do in the mud I've been lookung at those too

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be at Truck's Gone Wild at Louisiana MudFest next weekend. I'm sure I'll get it doors deep in some pretty bad holes. I'll let ya'll know how it goes. Maybe try to get a vid.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Nice ride, the only way I could see it looking any better is if it were in my garage instead of the old t2.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the 30x8x12 interforces on my t4 they do pretty decent in mud and measure 29.5", just bought 2 of the new 30x10x12 for the back I like them a lot better!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here is mine now with skinny wide combo

Attachments

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen :D. I'm digging these tires and it would be nice to see more pics of them!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I promised some updates, so here goes. I put the tires thru the wringer pretty well.
The good...
Hook up really well on dirt hill climbs
Very little sidewall flex at high speeds and in very steep off camber situations with only 8 psi
Clean out very well while maintaining a very smooth ride
Pull very good in the mud

The bad....
The rubber compound is somewhat soft and on a heavy, high Hp side by side the leading edge of the lugs on the rear tires got a little chewed up. This same soft lug does have a pro however... the flex of the lugs allows the tires to climb very well.

All in all, I am more than satisfied with the tires to this point. They did great all the way until I pulled this magic trick... How to make a Gorilla 3" and 30" tires disappear!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
LOL they must have pulled very well just to get in a mess like that

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Nice stuck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had issues with rubbing the recessed brake pedal before the lift, but none now. where is rubbing on yours?

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
I had issues with rubbing the recessed brake pedal before the lift, but none now. where is rubbing on yours?
Its not, just saw where the guy with 10s in the front was rubbing, wasnt sure about the 8s.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts