Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
We have a new S4 and it’s too tall for my enclosed trailer. (Yes I will get a different one but going to be a while) I hate using an open trailer
Can I ratchet strap down the suspension to get it in the trailer??
Does this hurt the suspension?? It could be compressed for 24 hours at a time.
I know I can lower air pressure in tires as well
Trying to figure out the easiest and best way to do this.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
269 Posts
I know that they ship most sxs's in a crate with the suspension compressed with ratchet straps so I don't think you would be doing any damage. You would just have to figure out the best way to hook some straps and keep it mobile, as they are generally strapping from the machine to the shipping crate floor. Some machines have special tabs fabricated right on to the frame just for the shipping straps (see 10:04 mark in this video).

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Yes, you could ratchet strap down the suspension to lower it. You will not hurt anything....wear and tear on the springs comes from cycling them up and down. Riding the trails for a couple hours will put way more wear and tear on the springs than strapping it down for a day.

·
Registered
2017 Teryx4
261 Posts
Is the S4 taller than a T4? Is it a matter of just getting it in the door and then you're fine? My T4 won't go through the door without either adding weight to the bed (me) or letting air out of the tires (not a preferred method...) or both. Once it's in the trailer I have a few inches of clearance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the S4 taller than a T4? Is it a matter of just getting it in the door and then you're fine? My T4 won't go through the door without either adding weight to the bed (me) or letting air out of the tires (not a preferred method...) or both. Once it's in the trailer I have a few inches of clearance.
I think they are the same.
I just built some shock adapters and lowered it 4 inches.
Only 4 bolts to remove shocks and put my metal pieces in there.
Only a couple minutes to change them and ride!!!!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts