Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really considering a Honda 700-4 Deluxe. But when I was looking them over online I seen a guy review one on youtube. He liked it, but ultimately traded it in for a Kawasaki Teryx 4 and liked it better after reading through the comments. I went to the dealer site that sold the Honda's, they sell all the brands, and went to looking at the Teryx 4 LE. I think the price of the Teryx is about $1000 higher than the Honda, but it includes the roof, and a hand full of other options the Honda is lacking, mainly storage, drink holders, bed space with the 4 seats up, better seats, and a better warranty. seems like they have a good starting point on the 2020 Teryx 4 LE of $12,800 not including setup or tax.

Have these held up well? I got to thinking that they've been making mules a long time so have been around a while. Anyone else have a Honda and trade to a Kawasaki? All my past experience has been is Polaris, Honda, and Deere. I don't like the length of the Deere and Polaris 4 seaters. I have 2 kids so I need the 4 seats for the 4 of us. We have a Gator 835M for the heavy hauling around the farm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went to dealer with intentions of buying a Honda Pioneer. Test drove one and then he showed us the Teryx. Test drove it around the parking lot and was sold. Better seats better warranty and to me it rode better and less money. Had it for 3 months now and am well pleased with it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
A Teryx 4 base is a great value buy. Honda 700 does not measure up in any way imop. Comfort alone is T4. Power T4. Warranty T4. Capabilty T4. Aftermarket T4. Quality =. Size =. Fun T4. No need to convince just drive both. You will pick Kawa probably.

Reactions: AlphaPlex20

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up watching a lot of youtube this afternoon since it rained. I think I've pretty much made up my mind to go with the Teryx4 after being pretty much set on the Honda. I called two dealers today, but never got through to the sales, I left messages and no call backs today. Guess I'll see if they call back Monday. Only downfall now is with the weather drying out this week I'll be too busy farming to go look now. Probably be 2 weeks out now. Looks like that the Manufacturer deal of $2000 off is good till the end of June.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update, found a better deal. Another $900 cheaper with only about another 30 minute drive. Since I'm rained out of the fields for the week now, I'm going to make a call tomorrow. They also have 90 days no payment, I figure with a pretty good down payment I'll have enough to maybe just pay it off by then, or at least the wife will, she get's bigger paychecks in the summer, plus she's the one pushing me to get it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You made the right choice. The Pioneer has concrete seats. Teryx seat you can sit in all day long.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Signed the papers today on a silver/blue one. They are hard to find in that color in stock. I called 5 dealers. The 5th one had them and matched the price of the cheapest one. Only downfall they had 5 put together and they were all sold so they had to get mine out of the crate so I won't get to pick it up until tomorrow. They had the Honda that I was comparing to it next to two of them. No comparison. Kids knees would have been to their chin in a few years. That 700 looked small next to the Teryx. I got a $100 gift card for having to come back and get it so I went ahead and ordered the super ATV 2 piece windshield.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Rumor has it the silver blue is pretty sweet.... 😆

Congrats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I put a pic up on the teryx4 page. I am very happy with this product after 3 days and 35 miles on it. Smoothest ATV I've driven compared to deere gator, polaris ranger, and honda pioneer (haven't driven any others though). It seems like when I go up a steep hill it's like it gains about 30 horse and just races right up it no problem. Seems like it has great balance too. I'd ride more but either this cool misty rain needs to move out or my windshield needs to get here. I do have 2 minor issues. One the left back door catches the plastic making it hard to open and close, may take a heat gun to it and wedge something in there while it cools, and I have a rattle at low speed on the front left side for the life of me can't find. I have a list of about 3 items I need to get right away not counting the superatv windshield that should be here in the next day or so. I need better front boot protection (a arm guards), A rear view mirror, and a rear bumper. I noticed it's hard to see around the back seats in the woods backing up when I have to turn around. I don't want to hit a tree and bust the plastic. I just need a bump bar just in case.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Check roof for rattle. Push up gently on it at idle and see if it goes away. If yes, you can put some foam in between cage and roof. Mine had that.

Recommend some side mirrors too... Trail Armor A arm guards!

Congrats!

Reactions: Uzi
1 - 15 of 15 Posts