Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is another thread about these tires but i've been obsessing and searching relentlessly on these tires and can't make up my mind. I plan on getting new beadlock Tusk rims with 28x10r14 tires as well as the 2" lift + 1.5" spacers. I mostly ride on the road, trails, some rocks and mud and then our winters here are pretty vicious so snow ill be a big factor.

I read the superatv post where the 2 inch lift will allow 28" tires, but do the spacers allow any more to that? Could i run 29's with this combo?

For road/trails/snow what do you guys prefer for a tire?

Thank you!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't think you could run 29's with just a 2" lift and wheel spacers. I run 28x10-14 on mine, with the 2" lift and 2" spacers, they still rub a little in certain situations. I currently have Carnivores on my machine, the above listed size all the way around.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,157 Posts
Adding spacers won't get you more tire space. Too much spacer can actually make the tires rub worse when turning. With a 2 inch lift, you can comfortably run 28" tires on a Teryx 800. I personally run the Sonoma Rock-a-billy tires, which are very similar to the Tusk Terribites. A very good tire for most of your described riding. Deep snow and mud would not be the best performance, but they would excel at everything else. There is a little switch on your dashboard that help with the other :sneaky:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I currently run the same setup as the OP with 28" Carnivores and no swaybar. The left front tire will barely touch the indentation for the brake pedal on a full lock left turn with the suspension fully compressed. This can be resolved by heating and pushing the indentation inward. The thing to consider is the actual tire size. For example the original Bighorn 26" tires are 26.5 inches in diameter which is the same diameter as the 27" Blackwaters. The 28" Carnivores and the 28" Mongrels are both 28.7 inches in diameter, so you are about as close to 29 inches as you can get . Maxis and Kanati list there actual tire sizes on there website. I had the same issue as you trying to decide and settled on the Carnivores do to the mostly rocky with a slight mix of mud and hardpack that I ride on.

Reactions: Swampjr06

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I run 30x10x14 Blackwater Evos on my T4 and they rub at full lock on the brake pedal nub. I believe the tires you mention will do very well except for deep mud and snow. I've noticed the 31" Carnivor's don't pull my heavy KRX that great in East Texas mud!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts