Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO GANG
I am getting ready to buy my new teryx . what i need to know you all is should i go with 08 or the 09 i know the 09 is EFI and i can go either way just wanted to know from you all that has ben in for a while what you think .

thank you for any and all help
SCROLLER

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Either one will be great. If you wait for an 09, you'll be waiting even longer for someone to come out with an ecu that eliminates the stock speed limiter. If you don't mind that issue, i'd get the 09.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It would depend on cost for me and if anything else is changed on the 09. If the cost were very significant, I would take the carbs. I've never really had a big issue with them unless you live where there are large elevation changes (4000ft or more) and/or you're thinking of a turbo in the future. No doubt though... sadly the resale will be more on an EFI. Kawi screwed us there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANK YOU BOTH
As you might can tell I am a green horn on this this is my first 4 wheeler so i might have a lot of ? for you all . And if I am reading this right I might as well go with the 08 I am only 900ft in elevation and I am 51 yrs. old so seed is not a big factor for the wife and I we will just be doing a lot of trail ridding and I do a lot of deer hunnting. But once again THANK YOU

·
Registered
134 Posts
Only other major advantage that I've seen with EFI is cold starting is slightly easier (no choke, and no bumping the throttle). Still not a big deal unless your generally not comfortable with it. I have only used the choke a couple of times and I'm at pretty low elevation as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts