Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a T4 and I built a speaker tube similar to the the ones on four wheelers and it works good but looks bad hangin on the back of my ride. I was wondering it anyone had some pics of some custom work they have done for the sound system on the T4's. I have seen the speaker pods and priced them. I have the factory black plastic roof and it has a channel down the center of it... Just wondering if anyone has an idea to throw out there. Thanks:Texas:

·
Red383
472 Posts
This is my setup
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375903092.008088.jpg
Mine is a t2 but this is what I built from aluminum plate. Two 6x9 pioneer speakers and a dome light.

Stay on the trails or we will lose them

·
Registered
186 Posts
Do you just have the 6x9 mounted to the plate or are they boxed in. I mounted mine flush without boxes and I'm not really happy with the sound. No bass really and minor twangy

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
They are mounted straight to the box but when I put the aluminum roof on it forms a box so it is pretty much boxed in

Stay on the trails or we will lose them

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah! Red and Berl that's what I was thinking... Do y'all have the factory plastic roof like what comes on the yellow t4's. does it sound good in the back seats too?

·
Red383
472 Posts
Yes plastic roof and Oh yeah its plenty loud with just two 6x9s and the head unit

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yep, plastic roof and plenty loud. Btw, in my opinion a head unit with Bluetooth is worth the extra $$, no cord dangling from phone and u can change music while sitting by a campfire! Be sure to post up pics of what u do, that's one of the best things about this forum!

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Yeah! Red and Berl that's what I was thinking... Do y'all have the factory plastic roof like what comes on the yellow t4's. does it sound good in the back seats too?
As you seen with mine I put one speaker up front and one in back and it sounds really good. I have since changed from Sony xplods to Polk dxi651's and man what a difference. I am in the process of building another one with the same speaker spacing but a little sleeker. Also going to add a 12v outlet for phone charger. I took an otter box clip and removed the belt clip and screwed it to the overhead console right thru the center swivel so it still swivels. Pretty sweet and it holds my phone very securely. If I ever get that deep I have more concerns than a phone. Haven't decided on bluetooth head unit or jensen ms30. Going to add one 10" sub and amp. Not necessarily interested in thumping. Just good clean sound when turned up. Also just in case you don't know, make sure if you build sealed boxes you seal it good to where air won't buzz thru slight cracks. Can't wait to see what you come up with so I can steal some ideas;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the ideas and the pics. I have my stuff ordered just waiting on it to get here to get started... Feel free to post more pics.

·
Got Mud???
193 Posts
My setup in my 2012 Teryx 4. Kenwood head unit with MP3/Ipod hook up. 4 kenwood 6x9's. 1 10" kicker sub in a fiberglass enclosure that I built. 2 tweeters and a kenwood 5-channel amp. I also painted the grills and the amp rack cover.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts