Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my first Kawasaki on black friday, a 2012 Teryx4 EPS CAMO edition. My wife and I were in the market for a four seater side by side for our family of four. We have two young girls ages 3 and 1 that love to ride. We originally went to the dealer with all intentions of either buying the Ranger Crew with EPS is Sandstone, or the RZR 4 LE with EPS. Our local dealer is a KTM, Polaris, and Kawasaki dealer. We were unaware the Teryx4 had just been released and that our dealer had just received a Camo EPS Teryx4. We really didn't like the orange/white color of the RZR 4 EPS and really thought it lacked passenger room so we decided to also look at the Ranger Crew EPS which was available and in stock in the Sandstone color. When we arrived at the dealership, Gary (owner) had both Polaris models by the the test track and said he wanted us to also drive the Teryx4 which was on display in the showroom. My wife and I took turns driving the Ranger Crew and the RZR 4 on the test track which was a very small oval with a few hills. We were not excited about either Polaris modesl. I am 6'2" and just shy of 200 lbs, and was very crammed in the back of the RZR 4 with my knees sticking out the sides of the front seat. The RZR 4 also seemed to lack any type of comfort features. The Ranger Crew had a lot of seating room and felt comfortable, but just wasn't as trail worthy as what we were looking for. Then out came Gary with the Camo EPS Teryx4, I think we were sold before we even test drove the unit. Seating was roomy and very comfortable and the cockpit seemed more refined then the RZR 4. The color alone sold it for me, camo or white/orange? The engine seemed more responsive and definitely more power then the crew and about the same if not more then the RZR. The Teryx4 has a shorter wheelbase then the RZR4, which is very noticeable and pleasing manuevering around the track. Kawasaki didn't just stretch out the original Teryx and add a backseat like polaris did with the RZR, and the quality of both units shows that Kawasaki put in the effort to manufacture a true four seater side by side. We actually ranked the RZR 4 at the bottom of our list. Maybe if we were a family of relatively short/little people looking for a ride to jump sand dunes we may have chosen the RZR 4. We shocked family and friends when we arrived home with our new Teryx4, since we went to test drive a Ranger Crew and RZR 4. Since we were bias originally to the RZR, and test drove both the RZR 4 and Teryx 4, I can honestly say the TERYX4 is an all around better machine.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Congrats on the Camo T4! We just picked up a blue one and I am very happy with it so far. Now we are going to start modifying it!

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
Congrats. I also just purchased the new Teryx 4 in blue and had a chance to take it out this past weekend. You will not regret your new purchase.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
cool to here i thought the same thing when i saw the specs on this machine,if its what i like i'm getting one in the spring myself

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Congratulations, I have been impressed with the refined inside look. However I am sure it is a real PIA to work on anything because of that. Also these things have a cat. converter in them suprised me.

PS drive it like you stole it!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on big blue. We too are already looking at mods. Kawasaki fever is setting in! Looking at a windshield, top, winch, and stereo. I even found a couple Kawasaki signs to hang in the garage.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
need pics!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm off to buy mine tomorrow. Anything I need to know. Camo version.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have my ss wheels and 28 zillas off my brute will they fit the t4?

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
I have my ss wheels and 28 zillas off my brute will they fit the t4?
I don't think so. The Brute Force I believe is a 4/110 bolt pattern and the Teryx is 4/136.

My application guide shows a Brute Force 650 being 4/137 and a Brute Force 650i / 750 being a 4/110.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't think so. The Brute Force I believe is a 4/110 bolt pattern and the Teryx is 4/136.

My application guide shows a Brute Force 650 being 4/137 and a Brute Force 650i / 750 being a 4/110.
Are spacers available to work this out?

·
Registered
89 Posts
The T4 has landed. Burrrrrr I need a windshield.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
The T4 has landed. Burrrrrr I need a windshield.
Your brute wheels will have the correct pattern but the stud holes are smaller. Kawasaki ATVs use 10mm wheel studs and the Teryx has 12mm wheel studs. You may be able to open the holes up and make them work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WOW that is the EXACT same thing we did. I was dead set on the RZR4 until I drove the Teryx4.. Night and day difference, the Teryx4 is just a better all around machine!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just purchased my first Kawasaki on black friday, a 2012 Teryx4 EPS CAMO edition. My wife and I were in the market for a four seater side by side for our family of four. We have two young girls ages 3 and 1 that love to ride. We originally went to the dealer with all intentions of either buying the Ranger Crew with EPS is Sandstone, or the RZR 4 LE with EPS. Our local dealer is a KTM, Polaris, and Kawasaki dealer. We were unaware the Teryx4 had just been released and that our dealer had just received a Camo EPS Teryx4. We really didn't like the orange/white color of the RZR 4 EPS and really thought it lacked passenger room so we decided to also look at the Ranger Crew EPS which was available and in stock in the Sandstone color. When we arrived at the dealership, Gary (owner) had both Polaris models by the the test track and said he wanted us to also drive the Teryx4 which was on display in the showroom. My wife and I took turns driving the Ranger Crew and the RZR 4 on the test track which was a very small oval with a few hills. We were not excited about either Polaris modesl. I am 6'2" and just shy of 200 lbs, and was very crammed in the back of the RZR 4 with my knees sticking out the sides of the front seat. The RZR 4 also seemed to lack any type of comfort features. The Ranger Crew had a lot of seating room and felt comfortable, but just wasn't as trail worthy as what we were looking for. Then out came Gary with the Camo EPS Teryx4, I think we were sold before we even test drove the unit. Seating was roomy and very comfortable and the cockpit seemed more refined then the RZR 4. The color alone sold it for me, camo or white/orange? The engine seemed more responsive and definitely more power then the crew and about the same if not more then the RZR. The Teryx4 has a shorter wheelbase then the RZR4, which is very noticeable and pleasing manuevering around the track. Kawasaki didn't just stretch out the original Teryx and add a backseat like polaris did with the RZR, and the quality of both units shows that Kawasaki put in the effort to manufacture a true four seater side by side. We actually ranked the RZR 4 at the bottom of our list. Maybe if we were a family of relatively short/little people looking for a ride to jump sand dunes we may have chosen the RZR 4. We shocked family and friends when we arrived home with our new Teryx4, since we went to test drive a Ranger Crew and RZR 4. Since we were bias originally to the RZR, and test drove both the RZR 4 and Teryx 4, I can honestly say the TERYX4 is an all around better machine.
Identical story here!!!!! I have and will still continue to be a die hard Polaris fan. I have rode their sleds for the past 14 years and will continue to. But I to went to our dealer with full intentions of coming home with a Razor 4 and came home with the Teryx 4 instead. My dealer sold both units as well so was at least able to keep my business with them.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
This should be stickied! lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts