Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Teryx 750 with 2680 miles on it that is having problems going into reverse when I'm on uneven ground, most of the time everything changes pretty smooth but sometimes when I stop and start to back up to put it in reverse the handle gets real tight and goes in but when I press the gas it jumps into reverse then like it wasn't ever in reverse to begin with. Does the Teryx have a synchronizer that be going bad does anyone have any suggestions what is going on. I bought this Teryx several months ago and it has did this same thing since I've had it.

Any Suggestions appreciated,
Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds like your shift linkage is out of adjustment. Easy fix.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Another area to look at is your shift tower. You stated that you were having issues on uneven ground. The shift tower is mounted to the frame, but the motor is set on rubber isolators; get some flex going on the frame and the shift linkage (solid mount) gets thrown out of alignment. Bad design on Kawasaki’s part. Some people made up cable kits (what newer models have), but a go to fix was to brace the tower to the motor. If you have a welder, it is an easy afternoon job. Built mine out of an old hydraulic swing door assembly. It has helped keep my shifter in the sweet spot, after I adjusted it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another area to look at is your shift tower. You stated that you were having issues on uneven ground. The shift tower is mounted to the frame, but the motor is set on rubber isolators; get some flex going on the frame and the shift linkage (solid mount) gets thrown out of alignment. Bad design on Kawasaki’s part. Some people made up cable kits (what newer models have), but a go to fix was to brace the tower to the motor. If you have a welder, it is an easy afternoon job. Built mine out of an old hydraulic swing door assembly. It has helped keep my shifter in the sweet spot, after I adjusted it.

Thanks so much

1 - 4 of 4 Posts