Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Vendor
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya ya its going to be around 475.00 dollars but Ive tried using the best parts out there for this kit..
Small 60 amp alternator 1 wire hook up
2 Cog style pulleys for less horse power loss and less stress on the crank
custom billet crank mounts

upside is run all the lights and amps and gps's you want
kits should be done in about two weeks so If you need one please call nick at the shop and get a deposit in so we can order up parts for every one

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
Very nice...you guys have been busy!

·
chickabowow
1,224 Posts
Dang somebody beat me to the punch on this, we were looking at my teryx and mocking up where we would make brackets and mount the alternator this morning. Wasnt going to run it off the motor but the front driveshaft and planned on a old style gm 1 wire alternator those things just dont die ever water sand mud they live.

·
Vendor
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought long and hard about doing driveshaft pulleys but couldnt get over the fact of if your not moving no charge

·
chickabowow
1,224 Posts
Thats some great work there i have been staring at the pics since i saw this thread. Did you remove the stator assembly? Man i may have to take a drive out there and look at this, i have access to everykind of machine to make anything within a 2 min walking distance from my shop but lack the skills to run a lathe and write a program to a cnc.

Is that a 09 teryx? will that alternator fit if you have a optima in it?

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I had that same alternator in my hand at SEMA and thought this has got to fit my Teryx somewhere . Very Nice job you guys

·
chickabowow
1,224 Posts
Looks like the nissan design alternator that they use on there newer small cars and forklifts 2002 and up

·
Official Booyaa Crew Member
166 Posts
I'll take one! Call me when your ready to ship them!

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
will this work if you have a muzzy exhaust???? Looks like it would not fit???

·
Vendor
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I still have testing to do tomorrow run it while jumping ect to make sure motor mounts dont flex to much for the frame mount and no Im pretty sure it wont work with the muzzy but Im thinkin ill make a kit for the muzzys also .....I keep the stock stator for the guys taht wana run two batterys one for starting and running lights and one for acces.. but im pretty sure if you unhook the stator and only run 1 battery that would work two and also save on some horsepower from runnin the stator

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Ya the muzzy goes right by the stator cover very close...Plus I have mine wrapped thick right their to drop heat...good job on that...I would buy that right away...dead battery last trip twice...once on gf not cool...after getting ticket from ranger because she only had hids on not regular lights... in the dunes we had to remove battery from rhino start teryx and then transfer cables to other battery....fun!

·
Vendor
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh ya everything looks good so far I ordered up parts for 10 kits

I tested it jumping
and high rpm everything looks good

·
Official Booyaa Crew Member
166 Posts
Just checked mine it it will work with an AC Racing Exhaust. I'll take one when your ready to start shipping them!

·
Vendor
3,805 Posts
Jimmy, give me a call, i have kits presold already. Get your name on the list so when theyre in i can get it out to you.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts