Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cooterbob
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the teryx yesterday and rode it on the trail for about 1/2 hour straight and then decided to stop for a beverage. When I stopped and shut off the teryx, my fan ran for about 15 minutes. The engine was hot, the fluid level was fine, and my engine temp light did not come on. I do not believe this is normal for the fan to run that long after the teryx was shut off. It was only about 75 degrees out, not that hot. What will happen when it is ninety? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
134 Posts
It been bout 80 degreegs down here in Texas, and I rode mine for an hour or so. The fan ran on and off while riding, but when I cut motor off it ran for maybe 30 seconds. I dont know.

·
Registered
145 Posts
teryx heat

i live in east texas also and was wandering if heat was going to be a problem just got mine the other day rode it for a about a hour and could feel the heat i think the enclosed sides around the engine may have to be cut open when it gets summer time here

·
Registered
182 Posts
HEAT - I have it too...I think some heat shield is going to be in order. But I'm told the heat is greater during the first 30 hours...we will see. Only have 2.4 hours now.

Fan...mine is about like mudbug_dw....made 30 seconds after shutting off. When it gets 90 out...I think the fan is going to run a lot.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Just get some header wrap around that rear exhaust pipe and all the heat will mostly be gone,easy to get too and do also.. I have right at 40hrs on mine..

·
Registered
36 Posts
the fan comes on at 210 degrees probably for emmissions sake. i put a temp gauge in mine and a bypass switch to the fan so at 165 degrees i through the switch and it doesnt get hotter than 180.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
My Brute Force ALWAYS ran for 5 minutes or so after I shut it off. The first time I disconnected the battery and called the Dealership. They said it was normal and by the time I got back out and hooked the battery back up it must have cooled down because it didn't run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts