Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for customers who have bought one already and general info purposes.

I wanted to let you guys in on what is going on with the CDI for the Teryx from Velocity Devices. There has been some running change as best we can tell at Kawasaki and the new batch of CDI’s is not performing as they should therefore they are on hold until at least June. Trust me when I say no one is more frustrated than Lyle and myself on this we both have plenty pre-sold.

Please don’t let other retailers tell you they can ship you one out as there is none of this brand to be had anywhere.

There is some good news though, Dynatek has released their Teryx CDI which is on their way here now. I want to offer you guys one before we put them for sale on our site. I have not had one of these yet and can’t tell you anything about it at this point. I can tell you that before we sell any or ship any we will be doing our own test on them to see what they do. The price on the Dynatek CDI is going to be $199.95 shipping included.

The differences from the Velocity Devices are as follows:

Non-programmable
No tach output
No other optional outputs
Non-upgradeable

These are regular plug and play CDI’s for those who just want to get by the rev limiter. There is also no reverse limiter, an advanced timing curve for added performance and the 0-5 mph curve has been eliminated. The difference this same CDI makes in the Brute Force 750 is very much aggressive.

If you want to change your order to one of the Dynateks CDI’s please call Amber and let her know. You can also e-mail her to let her know too. [email protected]

Sorry for the inconvenience but some things are out of our hands.

By the way, I have not been following this site much so if you need to ask me a question please e-mail me.

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
168 Posts
At this time I do not know...as we do not have the speedo hooked up. I do believe I heard 53-55mph somewhere, however, I am not 100% so do not quote me.

As soon as our Muzzys exhaust comes in, we will be putting it on the dyno, so I should have some more information then.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wonder if it's the same specs as the Brutes and Prairie's which is 33 degrees of advance total and 9200rpm rev limit> it should have this info in the box

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a test unit, therefore, do not have a box.

Details I have shows a 5 degrees advance in timing and a jump from 8K RPM to 9K RPM.

·
Registered
813 Posts
What does it show to be the total * and in by what rpm? Just curious..

·
Registered
813 Posts
What rpm does it start to come in at?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Is there anyway you could post that graph by chance?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
thanks for the graph,will the dyna have the same top end as the vdi?will i still be able to do 62?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I placed an order for mine with Dragon Fire Racing and the guy told me that the Dyna outran the VDI in side by side tests that they had done. They sell both.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Im gonna make a curve like there's and give it a try this weekend.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts