Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting results. This shows two runs with the spark arrestor in.

25.65 hp with the air/fuel sensor in the pipe.

26.45 hp without the air/fuel sensor in the pipe (small opening, so we figured it may be restricting what little flow there was).

33.58 hp with the spark arrestor removed.

Air/fuel was better with the spark arrestor removed. A bit rich with the spark arrestor.

The 38.03 hp is a run we did before the Teryx with a RZR w/ dual pipes & fuel controller. This same dyno had a stock RZR at about 32 hp (no shown).

Here is the video:

It was tight getting the Teryx on their dyno. Had to swap front tires to the rear, and it barely cleared.

The gain acheived by removed the spark arrestor seems hard to believe, but I was there and saw it with my own eyes. Hunter Works did the same thing and did not gain as much w/o the spark arrestor. Not sure how to explain the difference.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention that it would not run with the airbox lid off. Not too lean, it had something to do with the carbs - maybe the CV setup? I can't remember.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Maybe you could try drilling some hole's in the lid..

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Hey Guys New Here Great Forum, Just Picked Mine Up Going To The Dyno Tomorrow I Will Post Some # When I Get Them Also. Hopefully In The End This Thing Will Make More Power Than My Rzr Witch Stands As Of Right Now 43hp

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Hey Just Got Back From The Dyno I Got 32.84 One Run, And With The Spark Arrestor Out I Got 35.95 And Like 28tq. I Saw A Sticker Under The Hood On The Driver Side That Says Max Power 33hp So Not To Far Off

·
Registered
162 Posts
Any body know what we have to do to be able to run an intake or open airbox? I have heard there is something with the carbs that makes this a problem.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Any body know what we have to do to be able to run an intake or open airbox? I have heard there is something with the carbs that makes this a problem.
Do to the styl of the CV carbs they need a lid. Best mod is to play around with holes in the lid. 6-12 1" holes usually work good on the quads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts